Upgrade FEE!!! What?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Upgrade FEE!!! What?

Not understanding the new upgrade fee if  your getting a new phone using your fido dollars. I still pay about $$ after fido dollars for the phone I want and they still want the upgrade fee. I personally think its unnecessary. Why does fido have to charge for a simple removing a SIM card from old phone and insert into new phone.  Fido should be thankful that people are buying phone's from them and for giving them business. If this fee is not waved I am moving on to a new cell phone provider. Becasue if I had another phone from fido I can simply changed SIM card and fido will not know of my phone change and they will not be collecting their upgrade fee. Not a happy customer at the moment. Don't like to be ripped off!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Re: Upgrade FEE!!! What?

WOW ! then you should venting at all the major banks for charging you a fee to take your money....fees are everywhere...even mobilicity started the DAFT ( data access fee / tax )...

On the bright side at least you got a phone at the discounted price ( assuming you took a contract )...however, if you are buying the phone outright...I dont know why you would even order from customer service when you could get the fido phone directly from a point of sale...

Cheers Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

All you have to do is call them and complain and they will credit your account until you get the $25 fee paid back in full. Just have to use their own tactics against them a bit and you're good to go.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

Wicky,

Your entitled to your opinion, and I have no problem with it, however I still don't agree with the fee, especially when I am paying for the new phones anyway. 

Having said the above, I will give Fido credit.  I called them up to complain (as the stores would/could do nothing) and they were able to address my complaint.  The $25.00 charges were dropped on both lines I was renewing, and some additional services were given to me free upon my renewel.  It then took over 1.5 hours at a store, with additional calls to Fido by both myself and the staff at the store to get me the phone and get everything sorted out, but I finally got my phones and was able to renew.

As stated in my original post, I do like Fido, however my view on these charges is not about to change even with the outcome this time.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fido tie you into a 3 yr contract and charge you for the benefit! They are more expensive, im thinking wind is my best option.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

So I was going to "upgrade" my current phone which had no contract to a two year contract on a new phone.  They wanted $30.00 for the privileged of me now upgrading and using my old number, old sim card and now having a contract for the same plan.  Definitely not a reasonable charge and one that I would not accept.  I can drop my old plan, get a new plan, not pay an upgrade fee and get $75-$100 store credit when getting a new phone and new plan!  That or go to the competition that doesn't charge fees they can't justify.  The consumers need to take a stance.  North Americans pay some of the highest rates for cell phone use in the world.  The service otherwise is good, these type of fees don't reward the current users and only motivate customers to look somewhere else.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6