Up to 72 hr wait when using FIDO Dollars and credit to expire next day

Lizzy72
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I just redeemed my FIDO DOLLARS for a refill of $10 of airtime but it can take up to 72 hours to receive it..which I only found out when I submitted the request. However I have presently a $6 credit which will expire tomorrow if I don't refill. What happens if by tomorrow I don't receive the $10 refill? Will I loose the existing credit or is my account flagged that a credit of $10 is pending? Thank you...

7 REPLIES 7
FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Hey Lizzy72!

Welcome to the Community Very_Happy

If the refill doesn't go through by the expiry date, the balance will be lost. But don't worry, you can get it all back as long as the refill goes through within the next 7 days following your expiry date Smiley It's what we call the Special Grace Period.

On a side note, there are a few issues right now with Interac refills. So for this time, I would highly suggest that you purchase a prepaid voucher in case your FidoDOLLARS™ refill doesn't go through. 

Hope this helps!

Lizzy72

Thanks for the info...can you tell me where to go to see how many Fido dollars I? Also, I have still not received the refill from redeeming my Fido dollars. Would you be able to tell me if it will be done soon since my credit is 0. I know it can take up to 72 hours and 24 hours have passed since my request but Is there any way to speed up the refill??

Hey Lizzy72,

As much as I'd like to, speeding up the process for the refill is not something we can do. You should be able to see your FidoDOLLARS balance after logging in to My Account on fido.ca Smiley

-FidoStephen

Lizzy72

It's over 48 hours and I am still waiting for a $10 refill..pretty unreal!! But to make things worse, WHY can't I receive or send text messages???!!! I paid $10 for the add-on which has nothing to do with my credit since the texts are already PAID for!! This is ridiculous, unfair and offensive to someone who uses your services!! At which point I expect to have this amount of time lost with texts recuperated by adding to the extention of the expiry date of this present add-on. I know for a fact that I have messages that have not come through or that I haven't been able to send out and there is no real reason why..especially when this has NOTHING to do with the existing credit as I have mentioned. And again waiting up to 72 hours for a refill is ridiculous and there is really no reason why... especially when buying a paid vouchered the refill is immediate!!!

I'll send you a PM to take a look into this Smiley

Talk soon!

Lizzy72

Hi Stephen...within approx. 20 minutes of my last message where I was complaining, I received my refill. Don't think it was a confidence but thank you for any assistance given. 

Glad to hear it went through! Smiley