Unwanted text

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Unwanted text

Hi. I just changed my number yesterday and I have been receiving SPAM texts from the same number 32665107. The contents are mostly related to Facebook (commenting on a photo). Since the number is not a standard format, I wonder if the texts are notifications of some sort.  Is there a way to block these texts at the server or do i have to rely on Apps to block these unwanted text messages.

This situation is unfornate because under my old number, I had no such issues with SPAM.  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unwanted text

@KAPABLE-K Indeed previous owner had linked FB notifications to new cell number that i received/inherited.  After searching the ways of getting in touch with FB, I found via google that if you send a text to 32665 with "Off" then the notifications will stop.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

Could be the previous owner of that number used it to get notifications from Facebook. Maybe you can contact Facebook and let them know you are the owner of that number and you are getting unwanted text from them and see if they can stop it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

aparently seems to me you have a Facebook account and you have set notification to on so you can choose which notification to allow or not from Facebook , login to your Facebook account first, then  click on the message after verifying it's coming from Facebook.com as a domain name then after you view the post on your Facebook account , click on the little pen shape button located in the post top right window , after clicking on the pen you should be presented with options such as unfollow and stop notification. At this stage you will not receive any notification messages from Facebook . 

Hope it helps 

cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted

My apology my TAG above got formatted in a different way not sure why , but What I was trying to say is this: 

do do not click on the text message to login to Facebook ,instead open the browser or Facebook app and login from there first, then click on the message to view the post. The reason I said that is because hackers uses Alias names for domain names and you get fooled by that and you login thinking the message is coming from Facebook when it's not, at this stage they will infiltrate your Facebook account.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Solution

@KAPABLE-K Indeed previous owner had linked FB notifications to new cell number that i received/inherited.  After searching the ways of getting in touch with FB, I found via google that if you send a text to 32665 with "Off" then the notifications will stop.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Thank you! Worked perfectly. Theses daily messages were driving me crazy!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @Scbooker, thanks for keeping us all updated Smiley

Happy to see that it's now resolved !!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7