Unsubscribe from Emails

Unsubscribe from Emails

Unsubscribe from Emails

DHW29
I'm a Participant Level 1

Unsubscribe from Emails

When I signed up for Fido I was very clear that I wanted to opt out of all marketing and I didn't want my email or phone number shared with third parties except when it was directly related to providing me service.

Despite this, I am continuing to get unsolicited emails from Fido without my consent.  When I click the "Unsubscribe" link it will say something like:

You're currently subscribed to our ???????? emails.

You're currently signed up for our ???????? emails.

If I click the Unsubscribe link in the email, unsubscribe, and then click the link in the email AGAIN - it still says I am subscribed.  So either the email link isn't actually checking the status of my subscription, or my unsubscribe request is not working. I would like to have a place to go in order to verify that the subscriptions have been turn off.

I also see no way of reviewing all of the email types I have been subscribed to, nor whether I am automatically subscribed to new email types as they come.

I am also confused why it says that I am "currently subscribed" in the first place.  I never subscribed to those emails - in fact I asked to NOT be subscribed to any emails and to opt out.  I must have mentioned it at least 10 times to each representative when I was transferring my service to FIDO.

So how can I opt out of everything?  The only types of emails I am interested in seeing are:

1. Your bill is ready

2. Your bill has been paid - here's the confirmation number

3. Your service will be unavailable from x to y because of z.

These opt-outs should not default back to opt-in after a period of time.

I would also invite FIDO to become familiar with the now 2 year old anti-spam legislation in Canada.  http://fightspam.gc.ca/  You require consent before sending email that markets your organization or your organization's products.  At the time I disclosed my email address, I provided restrictions on the use of that email, so therefore implied consent was not given.  This means FIDO is in contravention of the law - something they should take a bit more serious.

1 REPLY 1
FidoPierre

Hey @DHW29

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with this. I assure you that we work to be in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. The types of communications usually sent out by Fido can usually range from the following:

Informative: Educational and advisory messages.

Promotional: Sales programs

Services: Service impacting changes

Automated/triggered changes: ie; confirmation emails following purchases.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account and make sure these communications are set to better suit your needs.