Unresolved troubles after contacting Fido

PaulR
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have two unresolved issues after contacting Fido. I am hoping someone can help me.

The first issue is with Wi-Fi calling. I am using an unlocked iPhone 7 Plus. I set up Wi-Fi calling 2 days ago, with all the info (911 address, etc). It worked perfectly at first. The next day, Wi-Fi calling turned itself off. I tried turning it back on, but I got a message saying to wait for a text, or to call *611 if I don't get a text. So I called *611 a day later, and a rep took down my phone's IMEI number. He said he reset something on Fido's end, and I'd be good to go once I restarted my phone. Unfortunately nothing happened after I restarted the phone, but I was no longer on the call with the rep.

The second issue I have had was with Fido's "Share a Concern" link. I had an unresolved issue regarding an offer a Fido rep gave me, which got me to drive out to a Fido location the next day. The offer was denied the next day, and no one at the Fido store seemed to know about the offer. I called into Fido, and I was told I was "wasting company time" (verbatim) and the rep I spoke to didn't give me her name after I asked for her name. When I asked for a manger, she told me she was "as good as a manager" and that no manager would want to talk with me. I was very polite the entire time, and I even thanked the rep to avoid her becoming more agitated (after she refused to give me her name), but the interaction had me shaking by the end. I tried speaking with another Fido rep, who said my claims about the offer I was given sounded "sketchy" (verbatim). I signed up with Fido anyways, since I had already purchased a SIM card & had already made plans to switch from Telus. No one has gotten back to my unresolved issue submission after I think about 48 hours now. I don't mind waiting, but I wanted to make sure my concern didn't get thrown out. The offer I was provided in specific is worse than what some individuals have gotten earlier in the month, but better than what is being offered currently.

3 REPLIES 3
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @PaulR ,

Welcome to the Community!

After restarting your phone, did you try to set up Wi-Fi calling once more and at that moment were you getting the same error message?

As for your experience with our customer service, the last thing we want is for you to be shaken after an interaction with us! I sincerely apologize Sad . As for ''Share a Concern'', due to the holiday season, the delay is longer than usual. 

I'll send a PM your way shortly so we can sort this out for you Smiley .

PaulR
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Thanks for helping Ranya.

Restarting the phone resulted in no change (the same wait for a text or call *611 message). I am guessing it's possible the IMEI number I gave the rep could've come out unclearly, since ironically I was calling on my cell which doesn't get the best service at my house. I understand since my cell isn't locked that the service might not work properly, but I am hopeful I can get it working (since, again, my house unfortunately is in a bad spot for signal strength).

Regarding the second issue, thanks for messaging me.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Thanks @PaulR

We'll reply to your PM shortly to assist with both matters Smiley