Unregistered SIM Card

Unregistered SIM Card

Unregistered SIM Card

SOLVED
obsaggitarius
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Unregistered SIM Card

Hi, I have a problem. My husband cancelled my cell phone from our family plan. He's in Europe now, he'll return on January 8th. I haven't a cell phone now - it doesn't work - unregistered SIM.. What should I do? Should I buy another SIM card and open my own line? Is this a solution? If no, what would be the best? I need my cell phone.. Plz someone help. Thanks..

Accepted Solution

Re: Unregistered SIM Card

Solved by Moderator

Hey obsaggitarius and welcome to the Community.

Of course here, since the account is now deactivated, you won't be able to use your sim card.

To use your service now, you would have 2 options. 

Either have your husband contact Fido to reactivate the service. Or you can simply decide to get your own sim card and activate an account on your name.

Hope this helps Smiley

***Edited title***

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
FidoKenny

Hey obsaggitarius and welcome to the Community.

Of course here, since the account is now deactivated, you won't be able to use your sim card.

To use your service now, you would have 2 options. 

Either have your husband contact Fido to reactivate the service. Or you can simply decide to get your own sim card and activate an account on your name.

Hope this helps Smiley

***Edited title***

obsaggitarius

Hi :). Ok

What it'll be the cost?

It will be my first time to have my own account..

I mean, what should I do to open my own account. What will be the cost of all of that

As I know, I should pay for the SIM card. Should I pay for something else, if I'll go tomorrow to the fido store and open my own account

Thanks..

***Edited title***

The cost all depends on the plan you're planning to get.

You can find them all here.

It's $10 for a new sim card, and you can go get one at one of our locations. You can find your closest store using the store locator on Fido.ca.

Hope you get a phone to use soon.

***Edited title***

obsaggitarius

Ok. Thanks Smiley

***Edited title***

obsaggitarius

Hi, I forgot to tell you, sorry, I was today in the fido store and I was told that I'm not eleigible for the credit (I gave him the 2 pieces of ID and he told me like that). I didn't tell him about the new sim card, I just wanted somehow to work out my cell from our family plan. And, he told me I'm not eligible for the credit. As I told you, I didn't mention a new sim card.. I wanted to pay in cash I was told I cant.

My question is could I open my new own line although I dont work? Can I pay my own line in cash?

I know I can buy a SIM card for cash what's for the rest. Can I have my own account - my own line although I dont work. Can I pay in cash all, or

Thanks very much

***Edited title***

Proac
I'm Qualified Level 1

There's so many intriguing questions here. Why would hubby cancel your cellphone service? If I cancelled my wife's phone off our plan I'd find myself sleeping on the couch. I'm guessing you could sign up for pay as you go service and get a new number and SIM card.

***Edited title***

obsaggitarius

We don't go good along, recently.. He told me though he'll reactivate my account (when he'll return), but I need my cell phone.. Ok. I'll go tomorow to the fido store

Just one more question, sorry. I'll pay tomorrow for the sim card. Should I pay for something more tomorrow or in 1 month or how. This will be my first time to have my own line..

***Edited title***

Hey there!

Here you have all the prepaid plans that we can offer you: Prepaid Plans.

You can purchase a sim card and activate a prepaid service. As Kenny mentioned, it will cost you 10$ for the sim card + the price of your airtime depending on the plan you will choose.

When you purchase your airtime in store, they will give you a PIN number (Don't lose it!!!) you will need that PIN number to add the airtime to your account. 

If you have any question, or if you need help with the activation of your prepaid account you can reply here! I'll make sure you get your service activated properly!

***Edited title***

obsaggitarius

Hi Smiley

Ok

Ok. Ok. Ok

I'll go today to the store. Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks

***Edited title***

Keep us updated Smiley 

***Edited title***