Unlocking iphone

Unlocking iphone

Unlocking iphone

SOLVED
Erica1231
I'm a Participant Level 2

Unlocking iphone

Can i get my old iphone 5s unlocked even if its not active with a plan with Fido & send it to someone back in South America ?

Please if anyone would knows

***Edited Title***

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlockinh iphone

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Erica1231 and welcome to the Community Smiley

We have a thread here that I'm sure would really hep with your question here

Did you buy your phone with Fido?

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoKenny

Hey @Erica1231 and welcome to the Community Smiley

We have a thread here that I'm sure would really hep with your question here

Did you buy your phone with Fido?

judyoncell
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the same question.  I have a 4 and 5 both purchased with Fido that I would like to unlock

Hi @judyoncell for full info on the unlocking process see here.

If you have purchased a Fido device from us, you will be able to unlock it directly with Fido. This will allow you to use your device anywhere in the world where a carrier offers a service compatible with your device.

Things to Know

• To unlock your device, your account must be in good standing and must satisfy one of the following criteria:
    • If you received a rebate associated with a Fido agreement on your Fido device, that device must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
    • If you personally purchased your device from Fido and did not receive any rebate on it, then it must be registered in your account.
    • If you purchased your device from a third party, it must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
  • A $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) applies. It will appear on your next invoice or will be deducted from your Prepaid balance.
  • Unlocking your device via Fido will not void your manufacturer’s warranty.
  • Only Fido devices can be unlocked by Fido. If you have an unlocked device from another carrier, see how to configure it to work with Fido.
  • Unlocking your device will not terminate your Fido service or Fido Agreement, all aspects of your service remain unchanged.