Unlocking code

Unlocking code

Unlocking code

vErYDeEp1
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unlocking code

has anyone had to wait for a unlock code?..if so how long did you wait to get it?..

6 REPLIES 6
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hey @vErYDeEp1!

Were you able to get your phone unlocked? 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you still need help with that Smiley 

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey vErYDeEp1!

There's no longer any wait period required to get your device unlocked. 

If you need to get your device unlocked, you can do so at anytime by reaching out to customer service. Here's how.

vErYDeEp1

they said they couldn’t find a code for my new phone..That Samsung  has to generate one..How long will it take?.anyone know..if you had to wait for one yourself?

Once this is reported to our Support Team it can take up to 5 business days for a response.

You’ll receive a call from us with an update as soon as we have a response.

vErYDeEp1

Why can I not take the phone to a fido store and get another same phone that has a code to it...?..Last time I got a phone unlock from fido I got it right away...it was smooth sailing..I do not think this was s fair.

Did you purchase your device after December 1st? 

Devices sold after December 1, 2017 come unlocked or will have a sticker with an unlock code on the box. Samsung devices, however, get locked automatically to the first carrier whose SIM card you use in the device. 

Have you checked the box the phone came in for an unlock code? If it is not there, you can also reach out to Samsung directly for an unlock code.