Unlocked phone

Unlocked phone

Unlocked phone

SOLVED
Mikan
I'm a Participant Level 1

Unlocked phone

I recently lost my phone in my house and cannot find it.  I do need a phone so I am thinking of getting an unlocked Acer Liquid Z410.  Would this work on the Fido network and can I use it with prepaid like with my old phone?  I imagine that all I need is a Sim card.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlocked phone

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@Mikan wrote:

I recently lost my phone in my house and cannot find it.  I do need a phone so I am thinking of getting an unlocked Acer Liquid Z410.  Would this work on the Fido network and can I use it with prepaid like with my old phone?  I imagine that all I need is a Sim card.

**Moved post and added labels

Hello Mikan,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by the specifications listed on GSMArena, it suggests that there are at least two versions of that phone. One of those versions would potentially be fully compatible with Fido/Rogers while the other one would potentially only have one compatible LTE band/frequency and/or no '3G' bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Providing the version you obtain has the compatible bands/frequencies, you should have no issues using it as a prepaid phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Mikan wrote:

**Moved post and added labels

Hello Mikan,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by the specifications listed on GSMArena, it suggests that there are at least two versions of that phone. One of those versions would potentially be fully compatible with Fido/Rogers while the other one would potentially only have one compatible LTE band/frequency and/or no '3G' bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Providing the version you obtain has the compatible bands/frequencies, you should have no issues using it as a prepaid phone.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

This is a dual sim phone, the different support frequencies applies for different sim slot for the same phone. 

Since Mikan your are using fido prepaid service, I assume that you are not subscribe our data plan, so the support of 3G and LTE isn't very important in this case. 

I suggest you check the manufacture's guide or manual and insert your sim to the slot which fully supports Fido 2G/3G/LTE network. 

@AdamBeast wrote:

This is a dual sim phone, the different support frequencies applies for different sim slot for the same phone...

Hello,

Thanks for the additional information, but according to Device Specifications, that phone is dual-SIM optional so it would still depend on which version of the phone the OP is interested in.

Cheers