Unlocked phone on Fido but says Telus

jyan89
I'm a Participant Level 1

I switched over from Bell to Fido about a month ago, and am using an unlocked Galaxy s6. I didn't have any issues with the phone or service until recently. My phone started by saying I was on Rogers and now Telus. All functions work perfectly fine - I just want to be charged for something ridiculous.

Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@jyan89 wrote:

I switched over from Bell to Fido about a month ago, and am using an unlocked Galaxy s6. I didn't have any issues with the phone or service until recently. My phone started by saying I was on Rogers and now Telus. All functions work perfectly fine - I just want to be charged for something ridiculous.

Can anyone help?

Hello Jyan89,

Welcome to the community!

When you say your phone started saying Rogers/Telus, was that in the same location where you previously were on Fido or somewhere new? Having the network say Rogers is not unusual since Fido does use Rogers' networks.

Do you have roaming enabled? It's possible that you're outside of Fido/Rogers coverage and connected to extended coverage. However, the phone would usually note Fido-EXT or EXT. You can get an idea of Fido's coverage here and cellular towers here.

If you do not have roaming enabled, then it's likely the phone is connecting to Telus directly. Not exactly sure why or how that is happening with a Fido SIM. You might consider manually selecting the Fido or Rogers network to see if that helps.

Is your phone unlocked from Bell or elsewhere?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers