Unlocked Samsung S4 Software update

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

jihad174
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello,

I have Fido Samsung Galaxy S4 model SGH-I337M since Sept. 2014.

I unlocked the phone sometimes ago and since then I could not update the Software anymore. I'm still using 4.4.2 Version and recently I'm having trouble with the system.

I tried to update the software but I always get this message ''Your Device has been modified. Software updates are not available''

Can you please help or recommed something?

Thanks

Jay  

2 REPLIES 2
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@jihad174 wrote:

Hello,

I have Fido Samsung Galaxy S4 model SGH-I337M since Sept. 2014.

I unlocked the phone sometimes ago and since then I could not update the Software anymore. I'm still using 4.4.2 Version and recently I'm having trouble with the system.

I tried to update the software but I always get this message ''Your Device has been modified. Software updates are not available''

Can you please help or recommed something?

Thanks

Jay  

***Edited to add Labels***

Hello Jihad174,

Welcome to the forums!

Can I ask how you unlocked your phone? Normally, unlocking a phone with the unlock code would not modify the device's software. On the other hand, some of the so-called free methods of unlocking the device found in other forums involve flashing the device. Have you or someone else attempted to root the device or flash a different software/firmware? Either of those actions could prevent the OTA updates.

Do you know what build number / version your phone shows?

If you are familiar with flashing devices, then you could download the S4 Fido lollipop firmware.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hey jihad174 and welcome to the Community Smiley

@Community: Anyone  went through the same situation for a software update?