Unlimited talk and text $35 and $45

I'm a Participant Level 2 Tomcat69
I'm a Participant Level 2

Unlimited talk and text $35 and $45

In the above 2 options, the only differences are 1gb vs 2 gb and $10.

Included are:

1. Canada-wide calling3

2. UNLIMITED Canada-wide calling evenings and weekends from 5 pm6

QUESTION 1. Since it is supposed to be Canada-wide calling, how come #2 says UNLIMITED? Does that mean that 1. is LIMITED?

QUESTION 2. Wouldn't it be clearer if FIDO wrote that evengs went from 5pm to midnight or from 5pm to 7 am the following morning?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unlimited talk and text $35 and $45

Hello Tomcat69,

Welcome to the community!

Canada-wide calling only refers to no long-distance charges on Canada to Canadian number calling. It does not refer to any Anytime minutes included with plans. For example, a plan might only include 500 Anytime minutes. Yes, those minutes would include Canada-wide calling, however, if you exceed the included 500 minutes, you would be charged for additional minutes (also Canada-wide calling). You should also note that any calls (made or received) -- outside of evenings and weekends -- go against your Anytime minutes.

The exact specification of evenings and weekends is specified in the Full details, though the footnote number might need to be corrected.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 6
MVP
MVP
Solution

Hello Tomcat69,

Welcome to the community!

Canada-wide calling only refers to no long-distance charges on Canada to Canadian number calling. It does not refer to any Anytime minutes included with plans. For example, a plan might only include 500 Anytime minutes. Yes, those minutes would include Canada-wide calling, however, if you exceed the included 500 minutes, you would be charged for additional minutes (also Canada-wide calling). You should also note that any calls (made or received) -- outside of evenings and weekends -- go against your Anytime minutes.

The exact specification of evenings and weekends is specified in the Full details, though the footnote number might need to be corrected.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 6
Former Moderator FidoSamantha
Former Moderator

Footnote number definitely needs to be corrected. 

Thanks for picking up on that @Cawtau!

I'll flag it asap Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 6

The CANADA-WIDE CALLING is still unclear to me.

I would write that "CANADA-WIDE CALLING - as per each plan(4)". After the referral number it should be more specific. The numbers that areshown do not do anything and cannot be found.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 6

I would move the "+ SEE FULL DETAILS" to under the DETAILS of the plans so that one could see the options.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

@Tomcat69 wrote:

The CANADA-WIDE CALLING is still unclear to me.

Hello again,

That plan description refers to which calls are designated local or long-distance (LD). Some other plans have Local calling while other plans have Province-wide calling.

With Local calling, calls are deemed local or LD depending on your local calling areas (LCA). Calls made to destinations outside of your local calling area are considered LD. For example, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Calgary, the call would be considered local. On the other hand, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Edmonton, the call would be considered LD. It's a little more complex than that when travelling and incoming & outgoing LCAs, but those details are not necessary for this discussion.

With Province-wide calling, calls are deemed local or LD depending on whether the calls are made to destinations within or outside of your Province. For example, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Edmonton, the call would be considered local. On the other hand, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Vancouver, the call would be considered LD. Again, there would be added complexities with travelling.

With Canada-wide calling, calls made to Canadian numbers are deemed local. For example, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Vancouver, the call would be considered local. On the other hand, if you're situated in Calgary and called a number in Texas, the call would be considered LD.

A separate plan description would be the inclusion of Anytime minutes. Some plans might have limited minutes (ie 100 or 500 minutes) included or unlimited minutes. Some prepaid plans might not include any Anytime minutes.

**edit** It should be noted that long-distance calls are charged both long-distance and airtime (Anytime minutes) while local calls are considered airtime. It should also be noted that received calls are also considered airtime**

Hope this clarifies Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 6