Unhappy customer

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customer

Salina1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Unhappy customer

I am visiting from Australia so needed a phone plan whilst here.
I decided to change my plan to a cheaper one however was not fully informed of the costs involved with changing, I was only told I would save money. This was the complete opposite, I ended up paying $80.00 for 100mb of data for a month. I then asked different Fido outlets and over the phone multiple times how I go about cancelling my plan when I leave the country - the standard response was to call a few days in advance to advise them I no longer needed the plan and was cancelling - however I was also told a few times that I had to call a month in advance.
I went to the Kelowna Fido store in orchard park and was treated like a child, the lady working was extremely unhelpful and was not showing any proper customer service. I could not pay my bill and she was extremely rude about it.
For the sake of others can you please inform your staff the same information instead of having staff tell customers one thing when really it is something else, costing them more in the outcome.
I am extremely unhappy with the way I have been treated by Fido, plus the astronomical bill I have to now pay, would not recommend Fido to anyone.

1 REPLY 1
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey Salina1!

I'm sorry for the experience you had with out customer service.  Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide your feedback! 

We don't require a month of notice when you want to cancel your service.

You can cancel at anytime, you would need to pay a cancellation fee (only if you are on an agreement). 

I'd like to make sure that your situation has now been resolved, let me know if you need my help.