Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

Unhappy Customer

SOLVED
unhappycust
I'm a Participant Level 2

Unhappy Customer

Why is it that if I do pre-authorized payments that there are no more bills coming to my e-mail?

Why does Fido not send out a text message if we are about to go over on our data?

These combined tactics allows them to take advantage of unsuspecting customers who would have otherwise been warned by another telco that they were at risk of going over on their voice/data.

Good thing my contract has just ended as I will not be going back to Fido again after this.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unhappy Customer

Solved by Fido Employee Amanda1

@unhappycust wrote:

Why is it that if I do pre-authorized payments that there are no more bills coming to my e-mail?

Why does Fido not send out a text message if we are about to go over on our data?

These combined tactics allows them to take advantage of unsuspecting customers who would have otherwise been warned by another telco that they were at risk of going over on their voice/data.

Good thing my contract has just ended as I will not be going back to Fido again after this.

Hey Unhappycust!

I am sorry to hear about this! 

I just wanted to let you know that you would also be able to track your usage (voice/data/sms) using the My Account application that you can download to your phone or you can check the View Usage section when you log in to My Account on Fido.ca. 

In addition, if you are still not receiving your online billing notifications, please feel free to contact us via Facebook or Twitter and we will look into the cause with you Smiley

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Amanda1
Fido Employee

@unhappycust wrote:

Hey Unhappycust!

I am sorry to hear about this! 

I just wanted to let you know that you would also be able to track your usage (voice/data/sms) using the My Account application that you can download to your phone or you can check the View Usage section when you log in to My Account on Fido.ca. 

In addition, if you are still not receiving your online billing notifications, please feel free to contact us via Facebook or Twitter and we will look into the cause with you Smiley

Hope this helps!

Hey

I read your post and I can tell you some things about the tracker. It only works with certain plans any plan around August 2013 to about December 2013 you won't get a notification for and many grandfathered 6 gb options. You can download an app use *3337 or my account app.. In respect to the emails are you using hotmail or gmail? Have you checked your spam or junk folders they do end up there based on email provider. Have to add Fido to safe sender list. If you contact customer care then can resend the email notices and get this working for you

Hope this helps

User3512
I'm Helpful Level 3

Unhappycust, it took me some time to process your detailed post and in my opinion it wouldn’t hurt if you could give even more detail. Have you called Fido and did they tell you that they do not send e-mail for bills? If the answer is NO then the problem is either on your side or on Fido’s side, happy now? I for one get the email and I can tell you that I do not get special treatment from Fido.

As far as the text messg when you get close to your limit again it wouldn’t hurt if you could spend some of your precious time and browse this forum. If I am not mistaken a Fido Rep has posted regarding this issue. Now if you do not have the time to look for the info please let me know and I’ll do it for you. But wait, there’s more, knowing how busy you are I’ll even contact FidoXxxxxx on your behalf, happy now?

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

If these are the only 2 things stopping you from enjoying Fido here's my solution for you.

Check out your last billing date with Fido, that's the day Fido will send you your monthly bill. Go to your calander app and set a monthly reminder on that day to remind yourself a new bill from Fido has arrived.

Install an app on for your iphone to monitor data, you can adjust the settings so that during your monthly cycle an notification will display on your phone when your preset data amount is reached.

For andriod this function is built-in inside the wireles settings menu, Andriod phone can further block data when a preset limit is reached.

Good Luck.

unhappycust
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just expect better service which it seems Fido cannot provide.

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

Interesting concept... judging a wireless company based on their ability to e-mail you of your new bill and SMS on your data limit.

My decision factor would be adaquate voice and data coverage, especially near where I work and where I live. Next to coverage would be price. As these are the only factors I cannot control. Otherwise I could care less on whatever 'services' provide, whether is phone selection or customer service when I call.

I'm only mentioned this because I just had a friend who learned the hard way. He used to be a Mobilcity customer disatifified with customer service so he cancelled and made the switch to Wind, paid for a shiny Note 3 and a great promotion plan. Only to find out that he is getting very poor reception both at home and where he work, which never happened when he was with Mobilcity.

Imagine that...