Unfair Fido - 10GB for $85/mo Promotion

sabeeh
I'm a Participant Level 2

I been with fido for many years now and never had any issues until the 10gb promo. I was super excited to get it and was hoping that it would add more data at a reasonable price. Unfortunately I am on a contract on a Small Plan on which you get $300 off your device. I got my device this year and paid $700+ for it. Tried to call since yesterday and got through today had to be on hold for 2 hrs. As most people know the 85$ Large plan gives 700$ off the device and small plan give 300$. That means there is a 400$ difference that I had paid extra and if i switch to the 85$ large plan i get none of that money back. That money doesnt go towards the balance on my subsidy either. It just disappears. I tried to reason with the rep and was told repeatedly either I take it as it is or they cant do much else. Then spoken to a Supervisor and they told me the same thing. This is unfair i am expected to loose 400$ if i wanna get the 10gb promo. And all i am being told is its my choice either i take 60$ plan by payin  off the subsidy or i take 85$ large plan and not get any money back either refund or credit.

4 REPLIES 4
FidoKenny

Hey @sabeeh and welcome to the Community.

This new plan is a great plan so I do understand why you would like to get it.

However, if you originally took an agreement with a SMALL plan for your current phone, it's only normal that you get charged a buy out if you get out of this agreement.

Keep in mind that the $60 plan you are looking to get is a BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE plan that comes without a 2 year agreement.

sabeeh
I'm a Participant Level 2

The 60$ Plan is BYOD but the 85$ Plan isn't BYOD thats with a LARGE tab which would give 700$ off the phone price. Being on the Small Tab I had to pay a large sum of money to get my phone and a small amount (300$) would go on the tab. If I am changing to Large Tab plan from Small Tab what happens to the 400$ difference that I had paid extra initially for my phone. I am not saying I should be given a refund for the 400$ back or w.e. I am saying it should be fair that If my Plan changes to Large then somewhere a credit should be adjusted. If Fido can't/won't refund then there has to be some sort of adjustment for that 400$ extra I had spent.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @sabeeh!

The subsidy of the phone you got is not adjusted if you upgrade plan categories. That said, should you decide to cancel in the future or do an early upgrade, the buy out fee would be much less than if had received a Large subsidy. You may also downgrade plan categories in the future without extra fees.

Hope this clarifies.

Tony_Wong
I'm a Contributor Level 1

So from the sounds of it you opted to pay the $700+ right when you resigned your Small contract.  In my mind that means you are technically no longer on contract even though you pay "X" amount per month.  

So if you were to resign a contract again for the $85 Large plan you could get another device with a $700 subsidy.  The subsidy from my understanding only counts for devices going forward, not backward.