Unexpected early upgrade fee

peter23
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm still very upset with fido . I have been a customer for 6 years and last November my phone broke down and they told that I could get another phone for 0 dollars . Few months later they charged me $537. I even shed trying to explain this to them . This was awefull. My wife and I had planned to support some kids with that money . So we ended up paying fido for poor communication instead if helping the needy. We are trapped as we had renewed out contracts because we thought we could trust fido for another 2 years . But we can't wait to finish the contract and move to another company . Fido might sounds pretty good but be careful they can ding you any time .
That's my experience with them.

3 REPLIES 3
peter23
I'm a Participant Level 2

Rachel I had talked to them about the old contract before anything and they wieved everything so the phone was supposed to be 0 dollars . But in return I went through hell

***Edited title***

Let me check out your account @peter23! Sending you a DM right away.

***Edited title***

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey @peter23

Did you have a contract with your first phone? It would explain the $537; if you decide to upgrade while on a contract, you're charged a buyout fee unless you purchase the new phone at full price.

If you want us to look into this, feel free to message us directly on Facebook or Twitter

***Edited title***