Unauthorized actions have been detected

SOLVED
csy
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hey guys, I've bought the s6 edge recently, I'm getting this error notification: “Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.”

how do i get rid of that pop up message? I've tried both soft and hard factory reset, even went to the extent to reflash the phone at the samsung store, even they dont know whats going on.

i also factory reset the phone leaving it with factory apps, ( i did not install any app) just to see if it would show the same error message, which it did again every 5 - 10 mins.

Accepted Solution

Re: Unauthorized actions have been detected

Solved by Fido Employee AdamBeast

During regular security checks of the Linux kernel, the system has detected that the kernel has been modified. Possible causes:

-You may have installed a malicious or flawed app, which attempted to modify the kernel code or file system
-You may have accidentally removed or modified a system file.

One of these messages will appear: “To protect your device. It is recommended you reboot.” or “The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted. It is recommended that you restart your device.”

Restart your device to try to restore the kernel code back to normal. However, some kernel modifications made to the file system cannot be restored. Also, the original cause of the problem might still persist. Therefore, you might continue to see this error after the reboot.

If issues continue to persist, contact the Global Customer Support center and provide details of the error.

Origianl post from Samsung support:  

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/faq/my-device-displayed-notification-%E2%80%9Cunauthorized-actions-have-been-detected-restart-your-phone

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

During regular security checks of the Linux kernel, the system has detected that the kernel has been modified. Possible causes:

-You may have installed a malicious or flawed app, which attempted to modify the kernel code or file system
-You may have accidentally removed or modified a system file.

One of these messages will appear: “To protect your device. It is recommended you reboot.” or “The device has detected an application attempting to perform actions that are not permitted. It is recommended that you restart your device.”

Restart your device to try to restore the kernel code back to normal. However, some kernel modifications made to the file system cannot be restored. Also, the original cause of the problem might still persist. Therefore, you might continue to see this error after the reboot.

If issues continue to persist, contact the Global Customer Support center and provide details of the error.

Origianl post from Samsung support:  

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/faq/my-device-displayed-notification-%E2%80%9Cunauthorized-actions-ha...

csy

Thanks for reply, the samsung support said that the new update 5.1.1 has fixed these issue and has been released, can you please tell that when we would get the latest update from you?

Rocky
I'm a Participant Level 1

I was experiencing the same issue and that too from the day I bought this phone. Unfortunately, there was little to no help I got from Fido and Samsung on this issue. Guess what, I downloaded the new software update 5.1.1 this morning and it's been 4 hours and I have not seen that message. Seems the new update resolved this issue. 

FidoRachel
Former Moderator

Hey csy, it'll be announced right here http://bitly.com/1MsJkeb

Do you have Facebook installed if you do try to disable it and see if the problem goes away.