Unauthorized Third Party - Gameloft Game

SOLVED
strada56
I'm a Participant Level 2

Dear Sir,

In my first invoice of Fido Soluctions Inc, I was charging an extra service in amount of $5 to "Thirdy Party & Other Fido Charges.

In detail on invoice It is demonstrated on June 5, day of contracting  the service with Fido, the use of a game called Gameloft that I have not used or authorized the contract of the game.

My smarthfone is exclusively used for work and conversation with my contacts.

I contact Fido support and was told me to contact support of Third party, that I do not Know and there are not e-mail, phone or other mean of contact. Only FAQs

So, I was paying for a service that I have not contracted and there is no any valid mean of contact to cancel it.

Can you help to solve this problem?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unauthorized Third Party - Gameloft Game

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @strada56

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I get that having to reach the company to get some answers may be frustrating, however keep in mind that this service is provided by another company which is why we refer you to them as they should be able to answer all your questions on the purchase that was made. 

The contact information should be on your bill, right next to the charge details. Did you not have the information on the bill? 

Also, you might want to check your billing options for the Google Play Store and remove the option to have your purchases billed on your Fido invoice.More details on that right here

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Strada56,

Welcome to the community!

It appears your situation is not that uncommon (see here and here). It's possible the previous owner of your phone number used their services without cancelling. You can try to contact them using the number registered with the Better Business Bureau. Alternatively, you could try one of the numbers here

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @strada56

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I get that having to reach the company to get some answers may be frustrating, however keep in mind that this service is provided by another company which is why we refer you to them as they should be able to answer all your questions on the purchase that was made. 

The contact information should be on your bill, right next to the charge details. Did you not have the information on the bill? 

Also, you might want to check your billing options for the Google Play Store and remove the option to have your purchases billed on your Fido invoice.More details on that right here

strada56
I'm a Participant Level 2

Dear FidoRanya,

Thank you for your coments.

The problem is only one ! I did not bought any game. I do not play this game and I do not have it in my smartphone. I have been accused by Fido System of buying a game and  I do not have the right to defend me. Where is my authorization of buying this game? If no receipt is issued, how can Fido charge me without show my transaction as a proof?

Fido could protect their costumers from thirds part service from abuse, fraud or error and include a option in contract like that:

|X| Mark this option if you do not authorize any third part service in your bill

The third party is a strange between Fido and I who signed a contract. At least, the support of Fido should mediate situations where there is a question and not take for granted the word of the third part.

Probably this problem, as said by another person in this forum, was caused by the previous owner of this number that a received from Fido. This old owner had contracted this game and did not cancel the  service.

Let s go ahead,

Bye for now

Wufai
I'm Qualified Level 3

Quite an interesting topic, correct me if I am wrong but it would seem like strada56's incurred cost is caused by the phone number he was assigned to.  The previous phone owner authourized Gameloft to charge the phone number then cancels the number.

Now who's responsibility is it to clear the phone number of its liens? Fido or the new owner?

Somehow I feel Fido being the carrier should look into this. But then customer today has the option to choose their own phone number and carry it between carriers does it mean the customer like buying a car or house need to check the cell phone number for outstanding liens like Carfax?

I'm pretty sure the pervious cell phone number owners info are wiped. So does Fido, while recommand to tell customer to call Gameloft to sort them out iteself, provides the previous phone #'s customer info to verify the missed payments?

Open to response.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Once a phone number deactivation is done, we put the deactivated number on hold for 60 days. The subscription usually gets resets during that time as well.

In most cases, the app will ask permission to bill you on the invoice before the charge is applied ( ex: Google play ). Some app/games can be tricky however as a click of  few buttons can subscribe you to the services. Since the services is provided from the third party, we will need to contact them to remove the subscription.

@strada56 did you had a chance to contact Gameloft with the information Cawtau provided?