Unacceptable Marketing Call

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unacceptable Marketing Call

I just received a call from (844)277-6920 "on behalf of Fido", telling me that according to my data usage history from the past 6 months that I was using a lot of the data allowed under my current plan and attempting to upsell me to a higher monthly data limit for more money.

Here's the problem: my monthly data usage sits at a pretty consistent 10% of my plan's allowance. The agent acting on Fido's behalf either didn't have my usage information and was just rolling with the script he was given, or someone somewhere in the chain is lying. Trouble is, some people might fall for it.

The agent also asked me what I use my phone's data for. Excuse me? Nobody calls me and asks me what I use my data allotment for. I didn't ask for your marketing contractor to call me and I'm sure as hell not going to give them any information about what I use my phone for or why.

This call, based on intent (more money for data I don't need) and method (lying about my data usage) was fraudulent, and if I ever get another call from Fido or an authorized agent of Fido trying to sling this **bleep** again, I will not be renewing my contract when it's up and Fido can count themselves lucky if I continue paying for it at all, as I would consider this a material breach (fraud).

I have always paid my bill on time and in full. Please review your policies regarding third party marketing and get your act together so this garbage never happens again.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Unacceptable Marketing Call

Hi there @JakeCE

Thanks so much for having reached out about this today!

After doing a bit of research on my end, that does look like a Fido outbound marketing call number.

I really appreciate that you took the time to fill us in on the details of the call. 

Our goal here is to help better your customer experience as much as we can, so I'd definitely like the opportunity to forward your feedback to the right team.

If you want, I'd also be happy to review the nature of the call with you. Let me know if you're interested in looking into this & we'll check it out together!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted

Hi Catherine,

Thanks for your response.  The call didn't take very long and I've presented all of the details (erroneous/dishonest statement about my usage, inappropriate question about the nature of my data usage, offer for upgraded data allowance for an extra fee).  If there is anything from that that you could pass along to someone in a position to correct the situation, I would be entirely in favor of having you do so.  Whatever it takes to ensure I don't get any more calls like that is what I would be in support of.

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JakeCE!

I'm sending you a PM now to look into this. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Agree,

I think I have the similar problem,

first receive, not message left and I find out this number is from Fido, so I call back. The CS told me is regarding do I want another phoneline offer... I already said no and thank you.

A week later, I receive the same call, received, with music then someone ask me about upgrade... but doesn't sounds like normal Fido CS.

Can Fido give us an option to option-out this marketing call?

I don't want to block this number coz worry is an important call REALLY from Fido.

Thanks for your help and reply.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey elmoboy!

We can definitely give you a hand with opting out of any marketing offers. Smiley

Keep in mind that for any account related inquiries there are also lots of other ways to reach us. Check them out here.

I'll send you a PM shortly. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted

Thanks very much Amanda and Megan Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Former Moderator