Unable to receive incoming calls - prepaid

SOLVED
nonamenoname
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have the $15.75 monthly prepaid plan, and the plan states that I can receive unlimited incoming calls. I switched to this plan from the $100 yearly plan a couple months ago (in November 2015) and from then on I could not receive incoming calls.

When I log in, it says that I have $0.02 in my account balance which expires on Feb 28th 2016, but this is leftover from my $100 yearly plan. With my new plan, I get charged $0.40/min, so I'm not sure if the reason I can't get any calls is because I don't have enough in my account balance? (But the fido site does say that incoming calls are free with my current plan).

My account is linked to my credit card account, so it automatically refills each month. If I want to talk to people on the phone, would the charge go directly to my credit card? Also, why am I not receiving any calls?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to receive incoming calls - prepaid

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey nonamenoname, 

Our $15.75 plan doesn't include any airtime. It includes:

- Unlimited text to Canadian, U.S. or international wireless numbers

- $0.30 per minute for local calls, incoming/outgoing

The plan takes effect once the cost of the plan is deducted from your balance. After that, any airtime used will be deducted from your remaining balance at $0.30 per minute, rather than the regular rate of $0.40 per minute.

The reason you're not able to make calls is because you need to have a balance to cover at least one minute of airtime in order to be able to place or receive a call. 

It may be a good idea to set up Low Balance Auto-Refill with your credit card on top of your Monthly Auto-Refill. This option would refill your account using your credit card when your balance was under $1. You can set this up in My Account under the Billing & Payments tab. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey nonamenoname, 

Our $15.75 plan doesn't include any airtime. It includes:

- Unlimited text to Canadian, U.S. or international wireless numbers

- $0.30 per minute for local calls, incoming/outgoing

The plan takes effect once the cost of the plan is deducted from your balance. After that, any airtime used will be deducted from your remaining balance at $0.30 per minute, rather than the regular rate of $0.40 per minute.

The reason you're not able to make calls is because you need to have a balance to cover at least one minute of airtime in order to be able to place or receive a call. 

It may be a good idea to set up Low Balance Auto-Refill with your credit card on top of your Monthly Auto-Refill. This option would refill your account using your credit card when your balance was under $1. You can set this up in My Account under the Billing & Payments tab. 

Hope this helps!