Unable to get a good speed in my mobile - Need Help!!

SOLVED
kirankangula
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi,

I recently join Fido network with some data plan activated.

Not sure whats the problem is, i am unable to get a proper internet speed in my mobile with the data.

Dont know if this is the problem with some settings with my device or something else.. Can any one of you please help to rectify this?

My device name : Coolpad Note 3

Model: Coolpad 8676-I02

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to get a good speed in my mobile - Need Help!!

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

@kirankangula wrote:

Hi,

Not sure whats the problem is, i am unable to get a proper internet speed in my mobile with the data.

Dont know if this is the problem with some settings with my device or something else.. Can any one of you please help to rectify this?

Hello Kirankangula,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get adequate mobile data speeds with that phone. According to the specifications listed here, that phone only has one compatible 2G band/frequency, (band 2 or 1900MHz), and no compatible '3G' or LTE bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here

Unless your phone has additional bands/frequencies that are not listed in those specifications (or other website specifications), you will only be able to access data on the 2G networks. In addition, since the phone only has one of the compatible 2G bands, coverage would depend more so on your proximity to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of where the cellular towers are here.

Not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

@kirankangula wrote:

Hi,

Hello Kirankangula,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to get adequate mobile data speeds with that phone. According to the specifications listed here, that phone only has one compatible 2G band/frequency, (band 2 or 1900MHz), and no compatible '3G' or LTE bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here

Unless your phone has additional bands/frequencies that are not listed in those specifications (or other website specifications), you will only be able to access data on the 2G networks. In addition, since the phone only has one of the compatible 2G bands, coverage would depend more so on your proximity to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of where the cellular towers are here.

Not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps Smiley

Cheers

kirankangula
I'm a Participant Level 3

ohh... i think there is no option that i can use my mobile to get the proper internet speed... Please let me know if otherwise

By the way, please suggest mobiles which there wont be any problem with the network or let me know how to check these bands in the mobiles that i am looking for?

Hello again,

@kirankangula wrote:

... please suggest mobiles which there wont be any problem with the network ...

A phone purchased  from Fido won't likely have any issues with the network. You can view Fido's selection here. However, most phones purchased in Canada should also work on the Fido/Rogers networks. **edit** The phone would also have to be unlocked**

@kirankangula wrote:

... let me know how to check these bands in the mobiles that i am looking for?

That said, it would be prudent to check whether the phone has compatible bands/frequencies -- even if purchased in Canada. To do so, you would need to research the phone's specifications. You should note that some phone models may have more than one version. Each version might vary slightly in hardware as well as have different bands/frequencies, depending on their intended markets.

To be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, the phone should have:

GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz) and/or band 2 (1900MHz)

UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz) and/or band 2 (1900 MHz).

To access LTE network, the phone must be compatible with:

• Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz; AWS) and/or
  • Band 7 (2600 MHz) and/or
  • Band 12 (700 MHz) and/or
  • Band 17 (700 MHz) 

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers