Unable to call local numbers

kennethmkelley
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hey all. I'm in Moncton and am unable to call a few local numbers. After I send the call, my phone pauses for a moment, then displays "Call Failed." I can call those same numbers via a landline without any trouble. Both have the prefix of 855. I chatted with Fido Support who said they were going to refresh my settings but I'm still not able to call those numbers. 

Any tips on how I might get this to work? 

7 REPLIES 7
FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey @kennethmkelley!

That's odd! I'll look into that right away! Can you answer those few questions to help me understand the situation.

Can you confirm when did it started?

Are you the only one affected by this problem (family, friends with Fido?)

Does it only happens with 855 numbers? Did you try with any other number/area code?

kennethmkelley

Hey Manuel, 

See below. 

Can you confirm when did it started? Only noticed the issue yesterday. 

Are you the only one affected by this problem (family, friends with Fido?) I don't know anyone else experiencing this issue. Friends, family are with other providers. 

Does it only happens with 855 numbers? Did you try with any other number/area code? As far as I know, no other prefixes are affected at this time. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@kennethmkelley wrote:

Hey all. I'm in Moncton and am unable to call a few local numbers. After I send the call, my phone pauses for a moment, then displays "Call Failed." I can call those same numbers via a landline without any trouble. Both have the prefix of 855. I chatted with Fido Support who said they were going to refresh my settings but I'm still not able to call those numbers. 

Any tips on how I might get this to work? 

Hello Kennethmkelley,

Are you sure you're trying to call a local number? As far as I can tell, the 855 prefix is a toll-free area code. What format did you use to try to dial? That is, did you include the 1 before the prefix? You might not have included it if you thought the number was local. However, it would be required for toll-free numbers.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

kennethmkelley

Heya Cawtau, the 851-852-853-854-855-856 prefixes are all local to Moncton. 

Hello again,

Apologies, my misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to 855-xxx-xxxx rather than xxx-855-xxxx. I hope @FidoManuel can sort a solution for you.

Cheers

kennethmkelley

No worries. I appreciate your insight! I should have been more specific, that I was attempting to call 506-855-xxxx numbers...

Thanks for the details Smiley I'll send you a PM in a few minutes to have this looked into.