Why can I not answer calls without the use of an earbug

***Edited title***

***Edited to add label***

5 REPLIES 5
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @Golferman,

Welcome to the community!

Are you not able to answer any calls with out a headphone or do you mean you are not able to hear with out using a headphone? 

If you are not able to hear with out the use of a headphone then it could be your phone's speaker have a problem and might need to be repaired.

Did you get the phone from through Fido and when did you get it, if its still under warranty you can send it off to be repaired.

Golferman
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks for your interest in my problem but I have everything worked out now.

Awesome!

Thanks for letting us know @Golferman

Cheers Smiley

Hey @Golferman

Do you have an update for us? Is everything up and running? If so, what was the solution?

Let us know!

Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Golferman,

Welcome to the community!

Could you please provide some more information? What phone are you using (or at least what type of phone ie android vs apple or smartphone vs non-smartphone)? What do you mean by cannot answer? That is, will the phone not connect the call (after hitting answer or swiping answer etc) or can you not hear the caller? Are you having to use a wired or wireless earbud (ie bluetooth)? Does your earbud include a microphone or are you still using the phone's internal microphone?

How long have you had this issue? Can you make calls without the need for earbud?...

Additional information would greatly help trying to figure out why you're having this issue.

Cheers