Unable to activate Spotify Premium

SOLVED
MBS320
I'm a Participant Level 2

I recently signed up this week for Fido and I'm trying to activate my Spotify Premium as per these instructions, but I can't get to fidohub.ca

http://forums.fido.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/message-uid/80154#U80154

I tried going through the fido website and logging in and redeeming it, but it says you need to be new to Spotify Premium and since I already had Premium till last year it won't move forward. How do I proceed?

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to activate Spotify Premium

Solved by Former Moderator FidoPamela

Hi @MBS320

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Discover Spotify is only available if you've never had the Premium service on the account in the past. 

If your plan was activated on or after October 25, 2017 the instructions to follow would be different. You can find them right here.

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
FidoPamela
Former Moderator

Hi @MBS320

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Discover Spotify is only available if you've never had the Premium service on the account in the past. 

If your plan was activated on or after October 25, 2017 the instructions to follow would be different. You can find them right here.

MBS320

Wait, what? The Fido lady at Fido stall in the mall who set up the number for me told me it was still possible and did not mention anything about its being unavailable if I already had Premium. She told me I had to cancel Spotify Premium if I already had it and then re-request Spotify Premium from the fido website.

What can I do now? This and the bonus 1gb data was the only reason I picked Fido over everyone else.

Really sorry if there was any misunderstanding there @MBS320. With our current partnership with Spotify, there's no way to activate the free trial with an account that has already benefited from the Premium offer. 

You could get the offer on a new account.

MBS320

I can't just go and make a new account. I have years of music liked and added on Spotify, not to mention dozens of playlists. Surely there is something else than can be done. If I had known this earlier I really wouldn't have gone for fido pulse.

Hey @MBS320,

I assure you that I understand where you're coming from and that this might not be the ideal situation for you, however, it would be the only way to benefit from the Spotify Premium promo for 6 months. 

Since the free promo is only available for first time users, there's sadly no way around it.

Xing0227
I'm a Participant Level 1

HI,

I've been trying to activate this spotify premium for days. I called customer service and they told me to go to fidohub.ca and enter my phone number, then I received a txt message with a code and entered in. It tells me to go to fido.ca/login to find my access link... WHERE IS IT? thanks.

Hey @Xing0227,

Welcome to our Community!

I've moved your post here as it'll help you find the answer to your question Smiley

You can find the step by step instructions on how to activate your subscription by following the link in FidoPamela's solution.

Hope this helps!