Ulefone Power

Ulefone Power

Ulefone Power

SOLVED
Kostya75
I'm a Participant Level 3

Ulefone Power

Hi , I just get my new phone , chinese market  ( ulefone power ) and I have problems whit LTE or 2 G .Ulefone is working on :

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (band5,band8,band3,band2)
WCDMA: 900/2100 (band8,band1)
FDD-LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (band20,band3,band1,band7,band8)

is this compatible whit fido in montreal or not ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Ulefone Power

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello,

I'm not sure why your other thread was deleted as they had slightly different answers, but I will re-post my response.

With the exeption of voLTE, voice calls can only be transmitted via 2G or '3G'. LTE is strictly for data. I have previously posted what happens with voice/data here. Normally, a phone will standby on LTE (4G) because sometimes the phone and apps require data. When a call is received (or needs to be made), the phone will switch to '3G' or 2G to make the call. Since your phone does not have any compatible '3G' bands/frequencies, it will have to switch to 2G. After the call, the phone will switch back to LTE (4G) for standby data again. It is possible that the time your phone switches from LTE to '3G' to 2G takes longer than the number of rings, which is why you might be missing calls. Is there a network selection option on your phone for 2G/LTE only?

**edit** Your phone might also be switching between 2G and 4G because of the bands/frequencies of cell towers.**

Since 2G is the slowest of the networks, data (EDGE) might not work as well as you hope.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
7 REPLIES 7
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello,

I'm not sure why your other thread was deleted as they had slightly different answers, but I will re-post my response.

With the exeption of voLTE, voice calls can only be transmitted via 2G or '3G'. LTE is strictly for data. I have previously posted what happens with voice/data here. Normally, a phone will standby on LTE (4G) because sometimes the phone and apps require data. When a call is received (or needs to be made), the phone will switch to '3G' or 2G to make the call. Since your phone does not have any compatible '3G' bands/frequencies, it will have to switch to 2G. After the call, the phone will switch back to LTE (4G) for standby data again. It is possible that the time your phone switches from LTE to '3G' to 2G takes longer than the number of rings, which is why you might be missing calls. Is there a network selection option on your phone for 2G/LTE only?

**edit** Your phone might also be switching between 2G and 4G because of the bands/frequencies of cell towers.**

Since 2G is the slowest of the networks, data (EDGE) might not work as well as you hope.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Kostya75

ok, very helpful , but what can I do , or do you have any solution ? if I root the phone ? ...

@Kostya75 wrote:

ok, very helpful , but what can I do , or do you have any solution ? if I root the phone ? ...

@Kostya75 wrote:

maybe  I am not the only one whit a phone from chinese market ?

Hello again,

Unfortunately, there isn't very much that can be done to fix the situation. The bands/frequencies are hard-wired in the phone. If they aren't in the phone to begin with, you cannot simply add them. Rooting the phone does not make any additional bands/frequencies become available either -- except in rare situations where the bands/frequencies were intentially disabled by carriers.

If you set your network to 2G only, you could use the phone as a phone, but data would be very, very slow. On the other hand, if you set your phone to LTE only, you would be able to access the LTE networks (in an area of coverage) but would not be able to receive/make calls.

You might consider asking Fido if they can extend the number of rings before voice mail picks up. Normally, it's fixed, but in certain circumstances, they may be able to do it for you. That way, you might be able to receive calls when your phone switches networks.

You are not the only one with a phone from the Chinese market. Many people have phones from outside of Canada. In fact, my previous phone was from China. In my case, I had the 2G bands and only one of the '3G'. I said previous, because it was pretty limited with regards to data and I had to change phones. I learned my lesson. Your situation is just another example of why it is necessary verify compatibility. If you search the forums, there are many posts asking if their potential new phone is compatible.

Sorry, I know this wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I hope some of this helps Smiley

Cheers

Kostya75

Thank you , you are the only one whit the right answer .Very helpful . First I am gonna call Fido. 

Mikeles666
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hey, I have a Ulefone Power.
The solution is simple: got to Apn settings and change to LTEMOBILE.APN
your phone will switch to 4G and you'll get fast internet
Cheers.
Kostya75

maybe  I am not the only one whit a phone from chinese market ?

Cawtau
Senior MVP

@Kostya75 wrote:

Hi , I just get my new phone , chinese market  ( ulefone power ) and I have problems whit LTE or 2 G .Ulefone is working on :

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 (band5,band8,band3,band2
WCDMA: 900/2100 (band8,band1)
FDD-LTE: 800/900/1800/2100/2600 (band20,band3,band1,band7,band8)

is this compatible whit fido in montreal or not ?

Hello Kostya,

Welcome to the forums!

Judging by those specifications, that phone would have both of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G. However, it would not have any of the compatible bands for '3G' (WCDMA).

With regards to LTE, that phone would only have one compatible band/frequency, band 7 (2600 MHz). You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone would work on the LTE networks, coverage would depend on the bands/frequencies of the surrounding towers.

Have you verified you are using the correct APN? It should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify the correct settings here, under How to configure Android device.

Are you having problems with both LTE and 2G? Do you have problems everywhere? Coverage would also depend on your location in relation to the location of the cell towers.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers