USA Travel Pack Recieving Calls/Texts

SOLVED
I'm a Participant Level 2

I just got the USA travel package with the 25 minutes of talk and 100 sent text messages for 31 days in the US, and I'm wondering if people in the US will be able to call/text me without being charged whIle I have this plan.

Accepted Solution

Re: USA Travel Pack Recieving Calls/Texts

Solved by Moderator

Hey sdrisco and welcome to the Community.

Basically, if someone from the US calls you, it will be considered as a call made to Canada since you have a Canadian number.

Concerning if they would be charged or not, it all depends on what's included on that caller's plan.

Hope this helps Smiley

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
I'm a Contributor Level 1

You can find most of your questions here: http://www.fido.ca/web/content/coverageroaming/roaming_us_rates

As for the incoming calls, they're used from your minutes in the package. The texting, however, are free when you receive them. You can choose to take or decline a call, you don't have that option with text messages, therefore they're free.

I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank you, I understand that it's free to me, but I'm more interested in if the caller is charged for making a call to Canada from the US if someone with a US plan calls me

Hey sdrisco and welcome to the Community.

Basically, if someone from the US calls you, it will be considered as a call made to Canada since you have a Canadian number.

Concerning if they would be charged or not, it all depends on what's included on that caller's plan.

Hope this helps Smiley