US travel pack never materialized

SOLVED
figene7
I'm a Participant Level 3

Long time customer, first time posting to get your ideas of how this was handled.Beginning of July used my soon to expire Fido dollars to buy a US travel pack for the month of August. Got confirmation email from Fido rewards that my pack would start August 1st for period of one month. Forward to mid-August, am now in NY state tried to access maps on two occasions and didn't seem to be working properly and got a pop up to buy a travel pack, at which point I stopped. Just got my bill and 34 dollars extra for 3 Mb of roaming charges. After two calls to customer service I was credited for the roaming charges, but am still out a travel pack. Should I just count my blessings or escalate this. Customer service said it's as if I'm getting my travel pack, but my pack was for 50 min,unlimited text and 200 Mb data, which I didn't get because it wasn't working. Your opinions greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: US travel pack never materialized

Solved by Moderator (inactive) FidoPierre

Hey @figene7

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with this. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our customers and we would hate to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account together. 

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
KAPABLE-K
MVP

My opinion is you should be credited for the cost of the travel pack because you paid for it but never got it regardless if it was purchased with Fido dollars.

Maybe one of our mods here can make this right for you.

figene7

That's exactly how I see it, but the service rep didn't agree and I was getting frustrated and apparently the manager she was consulting with agreed with her. Thanks, at least I don't seem to be the only one that thinks that way. Checking out Koodo plans, and taking deep breaths to calm down . Except for a short stint with Bell, I've been with Fido for a good 8 years, figure it would count for something, apparently not. Just ranting now!

FidoPierre
Moderator (inactive)

Hey @figene7

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with this. This is definitely not the kind of experience we want for our customers and we would hate to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look at your account together. 

figene7

Thank you Pierre and sorry for the delay, had to take a forced " vacation" to tender to family emergency. I've reflected and guess it could have been worse, I,m out Fido dollars instead of " real" dollars. I,m not real good at navigating these forums and want to thank everyone for their help, makes it easier. Since Fido dollars are no longer available maybe try to see if I can get a plan that gives me better value. I'll take you up on your offer if it's still available , how do I arrange for a PM and explore some possibilities. Thank you.