US plans

I'm a Participant Level 1 Greg7
I'm a Participant Level 1

US plans

Does fido offer a US plan yet? I find the $7×15(days) roaming fee to be very unaffordable as a truck driver traveling to the US 25 days per month. If you add the $105 roaming fee plus $85 for my plan thats $190 per month or over $2100 per year!! For a phone?! Please consider that a person doing buisness in the US more than 15 days a month is completely different that a vacationer who's usually not traveling that long. I hope you understand that perspective...

Accepted Solution

Re: US plans

Hey @Greg7,

Welcome to the community. Smiley Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. 

At this time we only offer Fido Roam, I understand how the bill can go up pretty fast considering you're there most of the month. 

We'll forward your feedback to the appropriate department. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @Greg7,

Welcome to the community. Smiley Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. 

At this time we only offer Fido Roam, I understand how the bill can go up pretty fast considering you're there most of the month. 

We'll forward your feedback to the appropriate department. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 1 Mansi77
I'm a Participant Level 1

Wondering  if u can add the 7 dollars plan for USA RIGHT NOW PLEASE

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
MVP
MVP

Hello Mansi77,

Welcome to the community!

What type of plan do you have? If you have a postpaid plan, Fido Roam is already enabled (unless you opted-out). Any use on your device to make or receive a call, send a text message or use data when travelling will trigger the Fido Roam charge and allow you to use your services abroad (see here). Receiving SMS does not trigger the Fido Roam charges. However, you should note that the data within a MMS would be considered roaming data and would trigger the daily charge.

In addition, rejecting an incoming call should no longer trigger the Fido Roam charge either (see here).

If you have a prepaid plan, your only option would be to roam on a pay-per-use basis. Also note that roaming data is not available when roaming with prepaid plans.

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4