US Travel Pack even though I have a very expensive FIDO plan have been a customer like forever!!

US Travel Pack even though I have a very expensive FIDO plan have been a customer like forever!!

SOLVED
Jeffrey_123
I'm a Participant Level 2

I seem to always encounter problems with upsells with FIDO.  The most recent one it the PULSE plan which I DO NOT WANT!  

All I wanted was a decent travel plan to the US that would be worth the money I paid for it.  So I purchased one but was only dimly aware -- when I purchased it -- that I would get 200 megs of data for my weekend trip.  200 megs?  Are you serious??

So as per usual I lost money to FIDO.  (Why do I even stay with FIDO and I have had my plan with the company for longer than most people!)

So in the end I purchased a t-mobile card when I was in the US and received UNLIMITED data!  Yes you read that correctly!  UNLIMITED data.  

I don't know why I , as a long, long, long term customer ever expect that FIDO will take care of my needs.  I've been paying usually over $100 per month for my plan.  There is not reason for it not to include absolutely everything!

VERY ANNOYED CUSTOMER

Accepted Solution

Re: US Travel Pack even though I have a very expensive FIDO plan have been a customer like forever!!

Solved by Moderator

Hey @Jeffrey_123,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

I really get your point and I assure you that we appreciate your long time loyalty!

While roaming in the U.S, you are borrowing another provider's network since we don't have coverage outside of Canada. Roaming options are not included in the plan, as our plans are designed for usage on our network, within Canada.

Therefore, we offer Travel Packs that can be added to your regular plan for usage while roaming. Our Pulse Plans also come with Fido Roam, which would allow you to use the features included in your plan while roaming for only $6/day in the U.S. For more info on this service, check out our website here.

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoClaudia

Hey @Jeffrey_123,

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

I really get your point and I assure you that we appreciate your long time loyalty!

While roaming in the U.S, you are borrowing another provider's network since we don't have coverage outside of Canada. Roaming options are not included in the plan, as our plans are designed for usage on our network, within Canada.

Therefore, we offer Travel Packs that can be added to your regular plan for usage while roaming. Our Pulse Plans also come with Fido Roam, which would allow you to use the features included in your plan while roaming for only $6/day in the U.S. For more info on this service, check out our website here.