URGENT HELP NEEDED

URGENT HELP NEEDED

URGENT HELP NEEDED

SOLVED
ilikefreestuff
I'm a Participant Level 2

URGENT HELP NEEDED

Im a current fido customer with 2 other lines also active on Chatr wireless.  I got an offer from Chatr to port over the number to fido and get 50% off.  I called Fido and told them I want to bring in my other line to Fido from Chatr.  The customer rep asked me the number and account info related to chatr number.  I told her I have sim card from the store and she said that all that info will be required once the number is ported which will be in 24 to 48 hours as she has to email.  I just got a message and my other chatr number instead of being setup as a new number on Fido has replaced my existing number.  Now if someone calls my number it says number not assigned.  This is a very old number of mine and i use it for personal and business and travelling.  Everyone including internationally has this number of mine.  Fido doesnt have a24/7 tech support number either and Im really worried.  PLEASE HELP!!!! Is my number gone forever? Can i get it back on the next business day? Really worried.

Accepted Solution

Re: URGENT HELP NEEDED

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJudhy
Hey ilikefrestuff!

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you!

I'd suggest that you give us a call as soon as you can and have this sorted out.

Let us know how it goes!
View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
sarbare93

I just changed my number and now nothing is working..... What do I do

Hey @sarbare93,

Welcome to our Community! Smiley

Do you have a prepaid account or a monthly one? 

Also, have you tried restarting your phone already?

sarbare93

Prepaid and yes I have restarted it like 3 times and still nothing

Thanks for clarifying, @sarbare93!

I'll send you a PM right away so we can fix this for you Smiley

ilikefreestuff

the number that got lost was on fido.  That was my number.  My wifes number that got ported on top of my fido number and replaced my number on the sim was being ported from chatr.  So the number should be held by fido (the one that I lost).  I hope that they are able to give me back this number. 

Hey ilikefrestuff!

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you!

I'd suggest that you give us a call as soon as you can and have this sorted out.

Let us know how it goes!

SKamal
I'm a Participant Level 1

I can not call even 611. Same message there as well. Will try calling Fido from another number.

By the way it happened last night when Android was upgraded on my Samsung S6 edge phone.

patrizio
I'm a Participant Level 3

just happend to me not long ago so were they chatr numbers or fido numbers?

patrizio
I'm a Participant Level 3

ok what happens in this case is the number is held on a data base for an amount of time to make sure that the person who has left the number does not need it. you call chatr they can get you that number back if they are under you name.  just happend to me just a month ago