URGENT Disconnections, Failed Calls, Dropped Calls!Vancouver Please Help!

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

URGENT Disconnections, Failed Calls, Dropped Calls!Vancouver Please Help!

Hi there, 

For the past 3 weeks, I have noticed horrible connection problems with my mobile phone. 

Constant dropped calls, failed calls, crackling noises, and very slow data. Emails and texts take forever to get through. I can barely use the phone. I cannot even get through to the 611 number to ask for help. 30 minute wait times, but the calls just drop within seconds or minutes. Does anyone know what is going on with the Fido network in Downtown Vancouver? What is the problem. I cannot use my phone and will need to cancel my service if this does not get fixed asap. No point having a service I cannot use. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what may be causing these problems? I know it's not my actual phone. Seems to be a network problem I think. 

Been trying to get help via Live Chat, but been holding on there for 30 minutes already, with no customer service. 

Thank you for your help. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 11
Highlighted

Re: URGENT Disconnections, Failed Calls, Dropped Calls!Vancouver Please Help!

Wow, cannot get through to any customer service reps on the phone, or on live chat. What's a person to do?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted

@GKL what did you do to eliminate the phone as not the problem? You can also message Fido on Facebook or Twitter.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 11
Highlighted

Hi Kapable K,

Everything else on the phone seems to be working. The issue is with my connection to Fido. Other friends also experiencing same issues. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted

@GKL you can use the Fido NetworkAid to check if there is any outage. What is the make and model of the phone you are using? When you say everything else on the phone seems to be working what do you mean everything else like?

I would suggest you do a real test to eliminate the phone as the problem if you have access to another phone that you can put your SIM in and try to replicate the problem tat would be a good start. 

Also try disabling LTE on the phone and see if you get any improvements.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @GKL

Thanks for reaching out about this! 

First, I'd like to confirm that on our end there's no known network issue in the Vancouver area. Does this happen everywhere in the downtown area or only in specific places? Does it happen more outdoors or indoors?

When you mentioned it's not your phone, what makes you say that? Did you try any of @KAPABLE-K'S suggestions ? 

We're definitely here to help you with this as well and I aplogize in advance for all the questions!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

I'm having the exact same problems since the second week of December when I came back from vacation. It's driving myself and anyone trying to talk to me a lot of frustration. Unless I'm on wifi the phone is close to useless. Constant dropped calls within seconds or minutes and flaky internet at best, even if it shows full bars.

I originally bought in Vancouver but I'm now in Toronto.

It's beyond frustrating!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 11
Highlighted

Oh, my phone was amazing in Vancouver and then I went to Asia September to December, while away I paid Fido $50 to unlock my phone. When I came back to Vancouver for a week and Toronto the past 7-8 weeks I have all the issues you mentioned exactly.

Samsung S6 Edge btw
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Wutime ,

Thanks for reaching out! 

What device are you using? Does this happen everywhere in Toronto? 

I'd like as many details as possible on the situation so we can rule out that it's not your device!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted

It's still happening everywhere, from Niagara Falls through to Cobourg, up north, in the city, along all the highways and during every phone call.  Constantly drops calls, every call, and then I usually can't make another phone call until I wait a few minutes.  The whole time my phone shows full service.

I often have 4-5 bars of full 4G service, but the Internet doesn't wrok for 10-15 minutes at a time.  When driving it's especially useless, which really is a nuisance when needing GPS.

What on earth is happening?

David

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 11