UPLOAD contact phone numbers ! HELP !!!

SOLVED
Macalan
I'm a Participant Level 3

Is there a way to upload contact list of phone numbers ?? instead of adding them manually ?? 

Please help , thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: UPLOAD contact phone numbers ! HELP !!!

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey Macalan! 

If I understand correctly, you'd like to upload all your contacts to be able to send text messages through Fido.ca, right?

We don't have a way for you to upload all your contacts at once, you will need to add your contacts manually. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
10 REPLIES 10
KAPABLE-K
MVP

What phone do you use?

Where are you uploading the contact from and in what format is the contacts list saved as?

Macalan

I need to upload my contacts via https://websms.fido.page.ca/ and send my sms to multiple recipients , but i have only manually option , i can save contact list in any format that doesn t matter , thanks for help

Hey Macalan!

Welcome to the Community!

I'm not exactly sure I understand what your trying to do. 

Are you trying to back up your contacts? If you are, what model of phone are you using?

Let us know!

Macalan

When i login with my username and pass thru my computer browser https://websms.fido.page.ca/ , i have opion to send text message from browser..i have option Add contact , then i can select multiple recipients and send them my sms.. my problem is that i have big number contact list so it s a pain adding them manually one by one .. it s there a way to upload my contact list ?? im talking only via computer browser not thru my phone... thanks!!!

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

It looks like the end result you're looking for is to easily send SMS to multiple recipients.

If that's the case and you're using an Android phone, there's a better way: AirDroid. It's a free app.

Presumably, your contacts are stored on Google's servers. You can make a group and put in all your contacts. Back in AirDroid (on your computer), start a new SMS, select all from the group (click the checkbox in the headers), type your message, then send. Your phone will send the messages, but the "work" is done on your computer.

You can create the group and assign your contacts from your phone, but Google's web interface makes it much easier. Of course, if your contacts are not already at Googles, that implies a lot of typing.

And if you're stuck with an Apple product in the first place (or worst: Windows), then you might be out of options.

And if you really want to use that web page, I'm pretty sure you're stuck; I doubt it was designed with the intent of sending to that many recipients.

Macalan

Thanks for the idea , right now i ll download an try it.

You have any idea if i have any sms limit for bulk , like fido will allow me to send bulk sms or i have a sms limit per hour , thanks a lot for help.

zyx
I'm Qualified Level 2
I'm Qualified Level 2

You're sending those SMS to people you already have contact with, right? Not spamming (unsolicited) to a bunch of random numbers?

Macalan

Yes to my contacts of course , i don t have any random number , why should i send to random numbers ?? i don t understand .. anyway thanks for help

Hey Macalan!

There's no limit to how many recipients you can send to/sms you can send per hour. Smiley

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey Macalan! 

If I understand correctly, you'd like to upload all your contacts to be able to send text messages through Fido.ca, right?

We don't have a way for you to upload all your contacts at once, you will need to add your contacts manually. 

Hope this helps!