UICC update fail 2

UICC update fail 2

UICC update fail 2

SOLVED
Dyno69
I'm a Contributor Level 2

UICC update fail 2

i called fido like 20 min ago because my texts arnt working the nice guy on the phone said he was going to do a network reset and he'll call me back. i turned off my phone for a few min like he said and turned it back on and got this message i said accept because i thought it was part of the process, he called me back and said that there was a outgoing text error in bc qubec and a few other places but not alberta but i told him id wait it out to see if its me too, but now im getting this error every 2 min doesnt matter what i press it comes back over and over and over. how do i fix it ive been on hold with fido for 45 min already trying to talk to someone about it.

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: UICC update fail 2

Solved by Former Moderator FidoJean

You receive this message when a reset is done on our end. If you keep receiving it something is stuck on our side, this may also be related to the SMS issue that happened this weekend.

I recommend trying a battery pull, it should stop the flow of those messages, if not let us know.

View solution in context
9 REPLIES 9
rondaste
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have the same problem! I just got my phone and a month later I receive text but my end fails. I called fido too and he told me to call *611. They would be able to help better than the store? So I forgot all about calling 611 until now. I think they may be more helpfull
FidoErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@community

Can anyone help out Dyno69?

You receive this message when a reset is done on our end. If you keep receiving it something is stuck on our side, this may also be related to the SMS issue that happened this weekend.

I recommend trying a battery pull, it should stop the flow of those messages, if not let us know.

qwertyuio
I'm a Contributor Level 2

sorry..my type writter must be out of ink

Can you "pull" the battery on an iphone?
Does that void the warrenty?

Hello qwertyuio,

Please note that you cannot pull the battery out of an iPhone.

However, something equivalent for the iPhone would be the following:

- Press and hold the Menu and Power buttons at the same time and keep holding until the phone shut off.

- The slider will appear; do not slide it and wait for the phone to shut down completely.

I hope that this answers your request.

Sarwar
I'm a Participant Level 2

i called fido like 20 min ago because my texts arnt working the someone help me on the phone said he was going to do a network reset and i have to turned off my phone for a few min like he said and turned it back on and got this message i said accept because i thought it was part of the process, but now im getting this error every 2 min doesnt matter what i press it comes back over and over and over. how do i fix it ive been on hold with fido for 45 min No one is helping me ..

I did - Press and hold the Menu and Power buttons at the same time and keep holding until the phone shut off.

- The slider will appear; do not slide it and wait for the phone to shut down completely.

Didnt work it still coming back again and again ......
Sarwar

Guys on my Iphone 4S which running on OS 5.0.1 ..

I m getting an error message "UICC Update Fail 2".
I have checked online -- only solution what i find is Reset yr iphone which i did. Still same problem this error is keeping coming back with Blank Screen .. Again & Again

Need Help ........plsss
FidoJudhy
Former Moderator

Hello Sarwar!

Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, I'd suggest that you try a reset of the network settings. To do so, go under Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings.

Please note that doing so will delete all of your WiFi settings if you have saved any.

If you still get those messages after the reset, I would suggest that you call customer service to speak with an agent from the technical support team. They can be reached at 1-888-481-3436 from any phone other than your Fido device.

Let us know how it goes!

Sarwar

Thanks Alot !!

That resolve my problem.

Cheers !!