Trying to pay my bill

Trying to pay my bill

Trying to pay my bill

SOLVED
npulsinelli
I'm a Participant Level 1

Trying to pay my bill

I am trying to pay my Fido mobile bill and and I can't find the option to pay by debit without giving Fido pre-authorization to withdraw money from my chequing account. I have never had trouble with this in the past, but now it seems the option is no longer available.
I have read the terms and conditions for the Fido's debt pre-authorization payment method and I am not comfortable with subscribing to it. I do not know how to continue to make payments without giving Fido my bank information.

I've read the FAQ page for assistance, however it has been unhelpful and any helpful looking links all reroute me to the main page of My Account on your newly designed website.

I have also tried calling Fido for assistance only to find out that the office is closed.

I am phenomenally displeased and require assistance to do something as simple as make a payment. I am more than happy at this point, being let down and frustrated by Fido's continuing subpar services, to make payments to a new mobile provider.

I refuse to be charged late fees, when your website will not allow me to continue to make payments without subscribing to a payment service I have no interest in.

Accepted Solution

Re: Trying to pay my bill

Solved by Former Moderator FidoManuel

Hey npulsinelli!

Welcome to the Community!

We have a total of 7 different methods of payment, if you don't feel comfortable with the pre-authorization there are 6 other options for you. 

Visit this page for more details. 

We can also take your payment online by credit card, feel free to reach out on Facebook or Twitter to proceed. 

View solution in context
13 REPLIES 13
rharrison
I'm a Participant Level 3

This has been a lot of extra time and money for me to drive to the fido kiosk . Round trip for me is 65 kilometers. I'm just so impressed with Fido with the fact that this fix is taking so long to fix and you cannot get a straight answer from of when it will be fixed if ever Great job Fido NOT. ....You will lose me as a customer very soon
nathan99
I'm a Participant Level 2

Glad I'm not the only who thinks this was a big oversight by FIDO.

Why would you update your site before it was compatible with a very popular payment method? As a way to try to force people into signing up for pre-authorized payments? 

This is a huge inconvenience and I hope it's fixed soon or, like others, I will be seriousbly thinking of switching to a more reliable company. Until this point I have been very happy with FIDO but this is a pretty big oversight.  

Hi everyone,

As we mentioned earlier, we're working hard to get everything up and running. Don't forget that you can pay your bill via online banking through your bank's website. You just need your 9 digit account number, and we're listed as Fido Solutions Inc. as the payee.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hey npulsinelli!

Welcome to the Community!

We have a total of 7 different methods of payment, if you don't feel comfortable with the pre-authorization there are 6 other options for you. 

Visit this page for more details. 

We can also take your payment online by credit card, feel free to reach out on Facebook or Twitter to proceed. 

nub

There are no links on the fido website to pay by interac online, one of the methods described in the FAQs. How do I pay by interac online?

FidoMegan
Former Moderator

Hey nub! 

For the time being, this payment method has been removed. You can check out our other payments methods in the link that FidoManuel posted. Smiley

Marofe

I am 80 years old. I went to use the same payment method I have been using all along, interact and it was no longer available. As a result I lost over $200.00 that was saved on this account because I could not top up my account in time. My call to my sister in the UK at Christmas is no longer an option. FIDO/ROGERS, this is a major disappointment. Shame on you.

Hey @Marofe,

I'm sorry to read that. I'll go ahead and send you a private message so we can check things out together.

VPH1984

Interact Online payments needs to be added soon.. because this is a serious inconvienence.. and the whole reason we went with fide over Wind was because of the convienence.. with this being a hassel now, im seriously concidering leaving as soon as my contract is up.

You would think when you impliment a new website page sysstem like the "new My Account" you would have already sorted these things out.. big mistake on the side of Fido.

You have lost my trust as a company that thinks about "ALL" thier customers first.

VPH

Forensick

I'm glad to hear that I"m not the only one having problems paying his bill.  Fido don't let me pay with my online banking and don't let me pay with my credit card online !!!  I've been calling every month for the past four months to report this situation but nothing is getting done.  I start to have serious doubt about Fido support.  They push really hard for pre-authorized payment.  I don't authorize anybody to come help themself in my bank account and Fido would be the last one I would authorize.  If they can not fix simple problem, how could I trust them with my bank account !!!!    

We're working hard to get everything back up and running soon Smiley

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

You can view other ways to pay the invoice over here.

Ninja_Rabbit1

Well, I guess making your website look fancy means taking away payment options and making things more of an inconvenience to the customers.

I was always able to say "well, Fido doesn't really float my boat, but at least I can pay with Interac Online..." I can't say that anymore, and will be porting my number on Monday. I'd say it's been a blast being with you, but you took away my only reason for staying without any warning. See ya.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

What you are looking to do is make a "One Time Payment" also known internally as OTP.  I was able to do this at the nearest fido corporate retail store by utilizing my debit card and giving the store rep my fido account number and the ammount I wished to pay. I also received a receipt confirming my payment transaction and proof that this was a One Time Payment only.