Trying to figure out plans

samp
I'm a Participant Level 1

I'm looking at the various plans.  When I try to cross-reference and look at the various footnotes for plan features, many of them don't seem to be correct.  For example, if you look at the $65 Fido Pulse Plan, if you look at the 5 hours of data, it references footnote 25.  But if you click "See Full Details,"  fn 25 is about battery life.  Voicemail references fn 7 which reads "Weeknights from 5 p.m. to 7 a.m. and weekends from Friday 5 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m."  Huh?  I only get voicemail in the evenings??  Some plans say they include Canada wide calling, but, when you look at the fn, it says those calls are billed by the minute.  If you're paying for it by the minute, how can they say that it is included in the plan?

It's the same if you look at other plans.  This is either seriously messed up or seriously deceiving.  

3 REPLIES 3
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello Samp,

Welcome to the community!

While some of the footnotes are obviously referenced inaccurately, some of them are correct.

@samp wrote:

...Some plans say they include Canada wide calling, but, when you look at the fn, it says those calls are billed by the minute.  If you're paying for it by the minute, how can they say that it is included in the plan?.. 

Canada-wide calling simply means that there are no long-distance (LD) charges associated with the calls (from Canada to Canadian numbers). Long-distance calls are billed by the minute and airtime charges apply (see Terms & Conditions here). So plans with Canada-wide calling still have airtime charges. 

Some of the plans have a fixed amount of Anytime minutes included. If you use up all of your Anytime minutes, you will be charged for additional airtime.

On the other hand, some of the plans have Unlimited Anytime minutes. Airtime is still charged by the minute, however, they are included in those plans.

Hope this clarifies Smiley

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @samp

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're looking into it! 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hello @samp,

Welcome to the community!

Good catch, one of the moderators here can flag this error to the appropriate department to have it fixed.