Trouble activating Spotify Premium ( with existing Spotify username )

SOLVED
tash3
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi.

I just switched over from another carrier, and I always had Spotify Premium, but I paid for it myself. Its included in my Pulse Plan now, and I am having trouble activating it. When I got to fidohub, get my code, and then enter it, I enter my existing Spotify info, and im getting an error message saying "Sorry! This spotify account was previously used with Spotify Premium and cant be used again for this promotion". How do i fix this? If i cancel my current premium subscription, am i going to lose my playlists?

**Edited title

Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble activating Spotify Premium

Solved by Former Moderator FidoTerry

Welcome to the community @tash3

Excellent question! Spotify saves your playlist if you revert back to the free version.

As for the Spotify promotion on your Pulse plan, it can't be activated if it was already an existing Spotify username. You will need to create a new username to benefit from it. Hope this clarifies everything! Smiley

View solution in context
5 REPLIES 5
Tanibka

So I can't connect my existing account with this offer? That really sucks as i will then lose all my playlist...

Hi @Tanibka!

A little trick I can suggest is to share your playlist with your new account Smiley 

Clementls

Hi there,

I just started my Fido Pulse plan 2 days ago and when I tried to activate Spotify Premium, I get a message saying that spotify premium was used with this email address before.

I was using Spotify Premium before subscribing to the Fido Pulse but I cancelled it to avoid redundancies before activating the Fido Pulse plan.

Can you help as to how to proceed so I can use the 6 free months of Spotify Premium without having to create a new Spotify account?

Thanks a lot

Clement

Hey @Clementls,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I've moved your post here since it's on the same topic. You should be able to find the answer to this in FidoTerry's reply.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else.

FidoTerry
Former Moderator

Welcome to the community @tash3

Excellent question! Spotify saves your playlist if you revert back to the free version.

As for the Spotify promotion on your Pulse plan, it can't be activated if it was already an existing Spotify username. You will need to create a new username to benefit from it. Hope this clarifies everything! Smiley