Travel packs

Travel packs

Travel packs

SOLVED
fidofish
I'm a Participant Level 1

Travel packs

My son is leaving for 1 week to the United Kingdom.  We currently have 3 phones on the same account that can talk and txt unlimited with each other.  If I addon one of the travel packs, say the $60, 40min talk, 150 txt, 40mb, will we still be able to talk and txt unlimited with each other or are any txts sent from him deducted from his 150 txt limit?  Would we at home be subject to service/pay per use charges for sending txts to him while he's there?

Accepted Solution

Re: Travel packs

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAmanda

Hey fidofish!

Welcome to the Community!

While roaming abroad, your regular monthly plan doesn't apply as it only covers usage performed while you're physically in Canada. Any usage done while roaming would be deducted from the travel pack that you add. Your other lines won't be billed any extra for calling or texting the number that is roaming outside Canada because they are still calling and/or texting a Canadian number. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
FidoAmanda
Former Moderator

Hey fidofish!

Welcome to the Community!

While roaming abroad, your regular monthly plan doesn't apply as it only covers usage performed while you're physically in Canada. Any usage done while roaming would be deducted from the travel pack that you add. Your other lines won't be billed any extra for calling or texting the number that is roaming outside Canada because they are still calling and/or texting a Canadian number. 

Hope this helps!

Hey @fidofish,

Just a heads up, something awesome is coming...

Check it out 

It's here! 

Fido Roam is here! Check it out Very_Happy