Transferring from Fido to Rogers

SOLVED
MrQuality
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I'm about to transfer to from Fido to Rogers to take advantage of the family plan. However, there are still around 3 months left in my contract, I'm wondering if I will be charged anyways for an early cancellation because Rogers & Fido are owned by the same company. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Transferring from Fido to Rogers

Solved by Fido Employee Amanda1

@MrQuality wrote:

Hi, I'm about to transfer to from Fido to Rogers to take advantage of the family plan. However, there are still around 3 months left in my contract, I'm wondering if I will be charged anyways for an early cancellation because Rogers & Fido are owned by the same company. Thanks!

Hey guys! 

I came across this post and, even though it is a bit old, I would like to provide some updated information for anyone else that may view this post. Smiley

There are several specific criteria that need to be met in order to be eligible to have any applicable cancellation fees waived when transferring your service from Fido to Rogers. You can contact us via Facebook or Twitter to confirm your eligibility for this offer. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
4 REPLIES 4
Dee_N
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am looking to migrate from Fido to Rogers Corporate plan, and wanted to know the criteria to do so without any cancellation fees.  The reps on the either side do not have the information I need, also I have googled this topic and there seems to be too many opinions and not enough facts (albiet every case is different!)

Thanks, 

Hey @Dee_N and thank you for using the Community.

It's sad to see that you're planning to leave Fido.

I can go over all the details with you. I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into Smiley

Talk to you soon !!

Amanda1
Fido Employee

@MrQuality wrote:

Hey guys! 

I came across this post and, even though it is a bit old, I would like to provide some updated information for anyone else that may view this post. Smiley

There are several specific criteria that need to be met in order to be eligible to have any applicable cancellation fees waived when transferring your service from Fido to Rogers. You can contact us via Facebook or Twitter to confirm your eligibility for this offer. 

Hope this helps!

10yearfido
I'm an Expert Level 2

if you have been with Fido for at least 12 months and if you sign a 3 year contract with Rogers, then they will waive the termination fee. Actually, it gets charged and then reimbursed after 30 days with Rogers, I think.