Transfer of responsibility of grandfather plan

SOLVED
melodys67
I'm a Participant Level 3

I started my 2-year agreement at the end of July and I heard that it has to be over 60 days for me to be able to transfer responsibility of the agreement to someone else. There has been a sudden change and I will be moving out of Canada in a week. 

I found someone who wants to takeover my agreement after the 60-days since my agreement has started. This person is NOT a Fido user yet. The plan I have right now is a grandfather plan that is no longer in the market. Will the person be able to take over the contract AND the grandfather plan? Or will that plan disappear while transferring the account name?

I'm unsure because the website states "You must choose a price plan and services that are currently offered at the time of the transfer." under Taking ownership of an existing Fido Service. But I heard people say that one can take over grandfather plan as well as the agreement.

Also, the person is only taking over the agreement, not the phone. Is that possible and will that cost me or that person anything?

Can the transfer be done at a Fido store in BestBuy? Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer of responsibility of grandfather plan

Solved by MVP MVP
Hi

The person would be able to take over the account and the plan associated with it nothing will change except the owner.

As for the phone, that will be between you and the person taking over the account.

The transfer can not be done at BestBuy because that's not an actual Fido store it's a third party dealer. It can only be done at an actual Fido store or you can call customer service.

If you will be going to an actual Fido store just make sure you and the person have valid Canadian ID and the person will have to pass a credit check.
View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
KAPABLE-K
MVP

Hi

The person would be able to take over the account and the plan associated with it nothing will change except the owner.

As for the phone, that will be between you and the person taking over the account.

The transfer can not be done at BestBuy because that's not an actual Fido store it's a third party dealer. It can only be done at an actual Fido store or you can call customer service.

If you will be going to an actual Fido store just make sure you and the person have valid Canadian ID and the person will have to pass a credit check.