Transfer exisiting contacts to Galaxy S4.

I'm a Participant Level 2 Arkeen
I'm a Participant Level 2

Transfer exisiting contacts to Galaxy S4.

I need to transfer my exisiting content (especially Contacts) from Nexus to Samsun S4.

Thanks for your help.

Arkeen

Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer exisiting contacts to Galaxy S4.

If you added your Google account to your Nexus phone, they should all transfer automatically as soon as you sign-in on your Galaxy S4 with the same Google account. I've had my first Android phone about 4 years ago and changed a few times since and never had to add my contacts again.

You can make sure your contacts are synced by:

1. Go into Settings
  2. Under Accounts, select Google
  3. Make sure youremailaddress@gmail.com has Sync enabled (there should be a green icon with the last sync date/time)
  4. Tap your email address and make sure there's a checkmark next to Contacts.
  5. Press Back, click on the three dots in the top-right corner and select Sync now

I've found these instructions on my Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, so if you're using a different Android version the steps may differ a bit but it should be roughly at the same place.

Before getting rid of your Nexus, make sure that your Galaxy S4 has your contacts. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
I'm Experienced Level 2
Solution

Re: Transfer exisiting contacts to Galaxy S4.

If you added your Google account to your Nexus phone, they should all transfer automatically as soon as you sign-in on your Galaxy S4 with the same Google account. I've had my first Android phone about 4 years ago and changed a few times since and never had to add my contacts again.

You can make sure your contacts are synced by:

1. Go into Settings
  2. Under Accounts, select Google
  3. Make sure youremailaddress@gmail.com has Sync enabled (there should be a green icon with the last sync date/time)
  4. Tap your email address and make sure there's a checkmark next to Contacts.
  5. Press Back, click on the three dots in the top-right corner and select Sync now

I've found these instructions on my Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4, so if you're using a different Android version the steps may differ a bit but it should be roughly at the same place.

Before getting rid of your Nexus, make sure that your Galaxy S4 has your contacts. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2