Transaction fee

Transaction fee

Transaction fee

biowong
I'm a Participant Level 3

Transaction fee

In order to used the 4G/$40 plan, I cancelled my 200Min/$17.9 and paid $155.01 for transacton fee Jan02,2017. Now the fido enforced me to use the new plan 4G/$45 without my agreement. Can I asked for the trasacton fee $155.67 back? 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
FidoKenny

@blowong

To go over your bill, I invite you to contact our customer service.

You can find the channels to contact us here

We can also send you a PM here on the Community.

Let us know.

biowong

It's $155.67 for transaction

biowong

Why not?

Hey @biowong, welcome to our Community!

Did you possibly have an agreement with a remaining subsidy on your phone at the time of the plan change?

When there's an agreement on the account, the subsidy needs to be paid off when switching to a Bring Your Own Phone plan since those plans are not compatible with phone subsidies. The plan that you have switched to is a Bring Your Own Phone, therefore if you were on agreement at the time of the switch, the remaining subsidy on your phone needed to be covered. 

As for the changes brought to your plan, we have informed you of it on a bill message on your August invoice. It shows on the page for the overview of the impacted cellphone number, not on the general account overview page. We regularly review and make changes to our plans to reflect the ongoing network and service investment, so we can continue to give you the best possible customer experience.

I assure you though that your current plan remains one of our most competitive offers and better than anything that is currently available in-market Smiley

biowong

The truth is that  I paid $40+$17.2=$57.2 per month for the last 9 months' 4G/$40 plan, not so called $40 /month, for your company plan policy changed.

biowong

In order to get 4G/$40/month , I cancelled my previous plan 200Min/$17.9 and paid $155.67 for transaction fee. Now the plan was changed, in other word,  I paid $40+$17.2=$57.2 per month for the last 9 months' 4G/$40 . This is reason I claim my transaction fee back for my last 9 months loss. 

Have a nice day,

Regards,

RC

Hey @biowong!

Were you on an agreement in the past? It seems like the amount paid was the balance on your device. As the plan you took is a BYOP plan, the balance on your agreement had to be paid off to make the switch. This is unfortunately not a fee that is refundable as it was required in order for you to change plan, and you have had a BYOP plan since.

Keep in mind that your current plan remains as one of our most competitive offers! Smiley