Told off by Customer Relations Manager

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Told off by Customer Relations Manager

I recently had to deal with having my brother's account cancelled and received some of the rudest service. Up until now I was happy with FIDO but now I couldn't be more upset.

He had called in July to have it cancelled as of September 1st (the contract online said 1st September end date) and had asked for his plan to be dropped to the minimum. 

I called in August to have his account transferred over to me to pay his last bill. I was informed that his plan had not been lowered and that no cancellation had been requested. I immediately had this amended.

I called today to confirm that the account had actually been cancelled only to find out that no note had been made of this. Furthermore, I was told data had been added on in December last year and that there were still 2 years remaining for which I would have to pay early cancellation charges.

The lady I was speaking with was very polite during the entire conversation as she switched back and forth to try and figure things out for which I am thankful. However, 2 hours later she told me I would have to pay the cancellation fees or pay for the next month. Another half hour later she discovered it was their mistake and that the data plan should have been in line with the contract dates. However, they had a contract date as of 28th September so I would still have to pay early cancellation or pay future bills. I kept requesting to speak to a manager if she was unable to help me further but to no avail.

After 3.5 hours I finally got to speak to a manager by which point I was absolutely exhausted and livid and in my frustration ranted off my disappointment (admittedly in a raised voice) and was told "this is your final warning. If you scream again I will hang up" and that "I do not respond to threats." I have never ever been spoken to like this before. He further added that they are are business and not in the business of giving away free money.  I cleared that I was in no way threatening him and did not mean to be rude but was completely tired at this point and very frustrated with having been on the phone for 3.5 hours. I also mentioned that I was not haggling for a deal or for "free money" but was asking for  them to resolve this "technical error" on their part. 

At the end of the conversation he finally clarified what "2 options" I had which I was OK with. He said the previous lady had given me the same option and I assured him, I had not. Had I been given that option, I would have had no reason to go on and talk to him.

When my contract comes up for renewal in the next few months, I will be happy to clarify why I do not want to stick around.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Told off by Customer Relations Manager

Hello mav,

I am really sorry in regards to the unpleasant customer service experience. If you want, you can send me a private message with your phone number for me to be able to access your account and forward your feedback to the concerned employees and their managers.

I am however glad to learn that your situation has been resolved.

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2