This is getting ridiculous

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

This is getting ridiculous

So I got my phone last month with Fido. I have 3gs of data and on the very first day I got charged $50 extra on data charges. Apparently I dont have access to those 3gs on the first night or something like that, I mean thats cool I wouldnt have used data the first day IF I HAD KNOWN. I was not told any of this at the store I purchased my phone at, had I know would I really go over $50 on the first day.. I chatted with mobile support online and they tried to tell me I had to pay for it but when I stood my ground they said they would take away these charges this ONE time. That's great and all but this wasnt my fault in anyway so I don't understand why they're acting like it is. Great so that got resolved and almost a month passes and I get a text from fido saying im now over $30 in data. I check my phone and im only at 2.5 so I messaged mobile support again and they tell me that I'm actually at 3.5g of data used. They asked for the billing cycle thats on my phone and they tell me that cycle is incorrect and I can track my data more accurately on the fido app or something. That's cool and all but that's how I received my phone with that specific data cycle set, they proceed to tell me that I have to pay for the extra charges. I just find this crazy both mistakes were not my fault, I was not properly assisted and told everything I needed to know when I received my phone and plan. I understand that Fido is a big company but please make sure your sales associates are telling customers EVERYTHING they need to know when purchasing their phone and plan, especially if it's a 3rd party store. This is my first month with fido and they're trying to tell me I went $80 over in data charges, that honestly makes no sense.

Accepted Solution

Re: This is getting ridiculous

Hey @JonahD

Welcome to the Community. 

I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I understand that the information was not communicated in regards to the partial amount of data available on your first day of service, I'm glad this was sorted out! I'd still like to apologize for your experience, that's not how we want you to feel especially not within your first few days with us!

As for the tracker on your device, it is up to you to use it as well as set it up, you can refer to the user guide that should be available online! It's not a tool that is provided by Fido but rather the manufacturer, the date set has to be modified like any other setting you wish to personalize on the phone. On our end, we provide you with My Account to track your usage, we also send you notifications when you reach 90% and 100 % as a reminder. Did you receive those notifications? 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey @JonahD

Welcome to the Community. 

I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. I understand that the information was not communicated in regards to the partial amount of data available on your first day of service, I'm glad this was sorted out! I'd still like to apologize for your experience, that's not how we want you to feel especially not within your first few days with us!

As for the tracker on your device, it is up to you to use it as well as set it up, you can refer to the user guide that should be available online! It's not a tool that is provided by Fido but rather the manufacturer, the date set has to be modified like any other setting you wish to personalize on the phone. On our end, we provide you with My Account to track your usage, we also send you notifications when you reach 90% and 100 % as a reminder. Did you receive those notifications? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Actually everything is written in the contract you signed. Please read it. Sales people make mistakes, contact is written in black and white. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3