Thinking about transferring. Any loyalty/retention plans?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thinking about transferring. Any loyalty/retention plans?

Hey there,

I've been with Fido for many years now, but recently I found an offer from another carrier that is just too good to pass up.

I'll refrain from mentioning the specific carrier and the exact plan here, as I'm not sure if that's breaking any community rules.  Essentially, I'm paying roughly $35 extra a month staying with Fido when compared to the other carrier. 

Just wondering if Fido has any retention plans for old customers before I go ahead and make the switch.

Edit* I have four lines on the account incase that makes any difference.

Accepted Solution

Re: Thinking about transferring. Any loyalty/retention plans?

Hello Sse,

Welcome to the community!

It's always a good idea to comparison shop. Just make sure those too good to pass up deals meet your needs. On the surface, the plans may seem similar but you might just end up not paying for what you're not getting.

For example, while Chatr uses the Rogers network, they do not provide LTE services. Most of the other mobile providers do not offer any 2G services. Koodo may only have access to one of Telus' LTE bands/frequencies (at least according to Wikipedia)...

In addition, what Freedom mobile's ads don't mention is that you more than likely will need to get a new phone if you wish to use their LTE network since relatively few phones use their band/frequency. If you live in Eastern Ontario, you might be able to use your current phone, but it won't be Traffic-free. Furthermore, their coverage is still rather limited -- if you're away from their Home network, you will be paying for roaming...

My intention is not to try to sway your decision in any direction. My only hope is that any decision you make is an informed one.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 17
Highlighted

We`re here to help @Matt04, and we'd love to check out your options!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your account Smiley

See you there!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 17
Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

That PM wasn't necessary. It was a real bad offer, so I don't think we need to look into any special plans here after. I have made my mind. I  wasted my time that's it. 

Now I know why people jumped to Bell when a good offer comes. I will do the same.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 17
Highlighted

We definitely appreciate your loyalty @Matt04 and we'd hate to see you go!

Our offers are constantly changing, and it's always a good idea to keep an eye out on your Fido.ca account for any promos exclusive to you Smiley

If ever you'd like us to take a second look at things we'll be happy to continue in PM!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 17
Highlighted

Exclusive offers? Was that a joke? In 2 years, the offer I offered was an iPhone 7 for 0 down for 2 years contract with monthly payment around 85-90. 

I was was hoping for something better when somebody Send a PM, claiming the best offer around. Once you loose the credibility, then it’s difficult to get it back. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 17
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm really sorry to learn you're not satisfied with the offers you've received so far Matt04. We remain available if you'd like us to take a second look at your account. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 17
Highlighted

how can one close fido accounts and move to another company?

after 12 yrs time to move on, I missed out on countless offers waiting for fido to match etc

advice?

spent 2 hrs online chat today with staff who can't or won't do anything etc

trying to add a 2 nd line and increase products at rates offered by the competition

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Moderator (inactive)
Moderator (inactive)

Hey LG73,

Welcome to the Community!

We don't want to see you go Sad We'll gladly review your options together!

I've already sent you a PM, feel free to reply to it and we'll continue over there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 17