There is a secondary account on my profile that I did not authorize.

SOLVED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I spoke to a rep last week inquiring about the possibility of switching my boyfriend over to Fido from another provider.

He told me that Fido would send over a new SIM card, and that I should call Fido when I receive it in order to proceed with cancelling with the previous provider and get set up with Fido.

I just received the SIM card via courier the other day, but have not called up to activate or authorize the new Fido account. We've been really busy with work and have not gotten around to it.

But just now, I checked my profile and it looks like there is a secondary account linked to mine. We haven't cancelled with the previous provider yet, and we are still talking about what kind of plan to purchase. We aren't sure if we want to bring his old phone over or get a new one with Fido.

Either way, I haven't authorized this new account, and I don't want us to be paying for his old provider (which has yet to be cancelled) and this new one at the same time.

Please let me know what info I can provide or what I can do to sort this out!

Accepted Solution

Re: There is a secondary account on my profile that I did not authorize.

Solved by Former Moderator FidoRanya

Hey @Anonymous, 

Welcome to the Community. 

It looks like the line was already activated  since the SIM was sent and you see another number on the account. It could have been a misunderstanding but we're here to help fix this!

Sending you a PM right now, we'll talk soon. 

View solution in context
1 REPLY 1
FidoRanya
Former Moderator

Hey @Anonymous, 

Welcome to the Community. 

It looks like the line was already activated  since the SIM was sent and you see another number on the account. It could have been a misunderstanding but we're here to help fix this!

Sending you a PM right now, we'll talk soon.