There are 2 Promo Plans, $60 for 10GB BYOP(no handset upgrade) or $85 for 10GB with 2 year contract

There are 2 Promo Plans, $60 for 10GB BYOP(no handset upgrade) or $85 for 10GB with 2 year contract

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

Ladys and Gentlemen, there are TWO versions of this plan.

the $60 dollar version is if you wish to stay on the plan and not get a handset upgrade thru fido, you will obtain your own phone and as a result they will give u this fabulous montly price.

GOOD TO KNOW: YOU will have to pay a pentalty to switch to this if you are on a 2 year term

- OR - 

There is the $85 version of this plan, basically the same plan as the above but because soem people are in a contract, and dont want to pay the penalty, they can switch to this without paying a penalty

GOOD TO KNOW: you can get a subsidized handset every two years with this version, not with the one above

and one last thing, the 5 Gig bonus is guarenteed even if you dont see it or not, so dont bother asking you will get it

10 REPLIES 10
DanteBrown
I'm a Participant Level 3

How do I select the $85 plan? I don't see it in the change plan options menu!

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

@DanteBrow Sorry for this late reply I hope you found the promo 10Gb with phone update ok. . by going to the site to change your plan and phone. And if you were locked with Fido on another phone and plan there might be adjustment fees for that.. per instant if you were still owing a tab for phone or *lowering your plan to 5Gb *this would be consdered rare! You can get a buy back at store offer for your phone. If you missed the phone update  at $25. Lock for 2 years at least I hope you updated your plan to 5Gb so.bonus 5Gb (10Gb) before dec. 19. If you did not dont fret the new year will have better phone like lg v30 hopefully and just as good data offers are on the look out!. Meanwhile, I wish you a very Merry Christmas Bro!

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

How many people went on the BYOP (Bring in your own phone)  10 gig plan for $60 dollars and then regretted it and decided they want to upgrade their handset and get a subsidized handset every 2 years and now they want to change to the non BYOP plan because they do not feel like paying in excess of $1000 for a nice mid to high range smart phone but they would rather get a subsidy of $700 off by going on a 2 year term instead?

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

I ve been with Fido since begining marketnas changed and so as Fido.some for good some for bad profit tainted promos backlash contract extractions. Personnally  I dont want to  lock 2year its too long for the advancements time  nor do I want to pay extra for phones ...unless I get a phone with relative updated features ..more mem, processor, space and a "required latest OS"  then No I cant justify.  phones change so quickly model 4 5 6 in one year. New tech features cheaper open markets more competition etc. I dont need an update for an update I dont care about looks its got to be functionallity & bonus.  I wont be like my friends have latest gadgets ...in that area my view is my phone working for me as accessory and not. Certainly not the other way around most certainly not to get whats in fashion. Meanwhile Expansion goes to other rigs  graphic speed and smarts.

Cheers!

zeewin
I'm a Participant Level 1

This is a great deal but I ahve been trying to call Fido for 2 days now. It either hangs up or the auto voice attendant says "We cannot take your call". My online profile does not show this promo when I try to change from my existing BYOP plan. Anyone have any ideas of how I can get my plan changed?

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

not sure if you heard but they are very busy with call volume, infact all companies offering this plan are swamped too not just fido, patience is a virtue

and when you change from a contract to a plan with no contract online, it calculates how much the penalty to cancel the contract will be automatically for you, mine was like $160 bucks or something like that, i decided not to do it.

Paolo
I'm an Expert Level 2

the promo plan is there you just have to keep scrolling, i found it yesterday morning and was going to change to it but I like the ability to get a handset on a contract at a discount so i decided against getting this plan, and i decided not to increase my monthly bill cus im on a tight budget, i have mortgage payments and bills and such so im not about to blow wads of cash to get a fancy plan i will never use

Jana4
I'm a Participant Level 1

Thanks for the info. What is the penalty to switch to a BYOP plan?

@Paolo wrote:

Ladys and Gentlemen, there are TWO versions of this plan.

the $60 dollar version is if you wish to stay on the plan and not get a handset upgrade thru fido, you will obtain your own phone and as a result they will give u this fabulous montly price.

GOOD TO KNOW: YOU will have to pay a pentalty to switch to this if you are on a 2 year term

- OR - 

There is the $85 version of this plan, basically the same plan as the above but because soem people are in a contract, and dont want to pay the penalty, they can switch to this without paying a penalty

GOOD TO KNOW: you can get a subsidized handset every two years with this version, not with the one above

and one last thing, the 5 Gig bonus is guarenteed even if you dont see it or not, so dont bother asking you will get it

AndyHuang
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Varies depending on contract. Typically you would be looking at repaying the subsidy for the remaining of your contract.  Check your current contract for details. 

Scooby-Doo
I'm Qualified Level 1

I had fullfilled my contract and remained in the plan Pulse. in similar case one  can expect to change  pulse plan really for $60. just ned to pay the transaction fee $25 for the update. May be subject to a 2 year plan seal upgrade so locked back for 24 months ..TBV (My contract was not sent when I changed my plan).