The person at the other end can't hear me

CalgaryiPhone
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hello about a week ago and now again today when I make a call the person receiving can't hear me.  When I spoke with one person last week they said it was an issue with the Roger's network.  Today it is happening again can someone explain?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
cuezone
I'm a Contributor Level 1

My spouse and I just got the Samasung Galaxy s7 edge and ever since we got them, we have been having the issue as well with calls going mute.

The mute is not activated, the phones were restored, new sims, the whole thing. I worked with Rogers Tech support before so I know all the steps. Is there a possible wide spread issue with these phones? I've also tried both wifi calling and not. Data on and ogg wifi on and off etc...

Hey @cuezone and thanks for reaching out Smiley

That doesn't sound right at all.

We didn't receive any alert on our end concerning a network issue with this device.

Did you get a chance to bring your phone to one of our stores to see what's going on?

cuezone
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Yes and they,ve no idea. The odds of both phones doing this doesn't make sense that it would be hardware.

We'll reply to your PM to help with this  @cuezone. Wink 

Dani
I'm a Participant Level 1

same issue here....sometimes all both sides can hear is static...incoming calls work fine....just outgoing calls are messed.

FidoJean
Former Moderator

Have you both tried resetting the iPhone? (Turn it off and on)

If it keeps there may be an issue with the sim card, device or network.

You can try any other Fido sim in your device to help narrow it down. If it is coming from the device a restore as new using iTunes would be the next step.

You can also call in to have things reset on our end.

Renolover
I'm Helpful Level 2

I had that problem too until I noticed that sometimes the phone gets put on mute without me putting it on mute. Just go to the keypad, click Hide keypad and if it's on mute, select the mute button again to unmute the call.