The extra 1000 international LD minutes in pulse plans

Sanowarh
I'm a Participant Level 3

I just got my new phone with fido. I got 1000 international minutes with my plan. I took the phone 2 days ago. Today I am trying to call Bangladesh and it'seems not going!
I know Bangladesh is on the country list for that feature. I call on a regular basis to Bangladesh, so I know how to call.
Now my question is: Do I have a waiting period? Or do i have to activate something?
Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3
FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi there @Sanowarh

Welcome to the Fido Community & thanks for reaching out about this!

Bangladesh is indeed included in the list of countries, for the 1000 minutes offered in PulsePlans Smiley

Can you tell me what number you're calling exactly, when you dial-out the international number?

We always suggest to follow the steps listed HERE on Fido.ca, when it comes to placing an international long-distance call. 

Sanowarh
I'm a Participant Level 3

I had a feeling that people will ask this question. That's why I mentioned on my post that I call Bangladesh on a regular basis.
So here is how I call: 0118801711561***. For confidentiality I didn't use last 3 numbers here.
Thanks.

I see! It should be 0-0-1-(country code)-(area code)-(telephone number)

The country code for Bangladesh is 880. 

When you call that number 0-1-1-880-171-156-1*** : what happens?

Could you also try dialing the same number, but replacing 0-1-1 with the "+" symbol instead?