Texting

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

Texting

Texting

Skykruser
I'm a Participant Level 1

Texting

About 30 to sometimes 80% of the time when I send a text message, it doesn't go through. My Nexus 5 tries for about 5 to 10 minutes, then it says, "touch to retry". Sometimes I leave it at "touch to try" and a little while later a reply comes to my text! Other times, if I resend 5 or 8 times, the other party gets the message that many times! Any solution?

1 REPLY 1
AdamBeast
Fido Employee

@Skykruser wrote:

About 30 to sometimes 80% of the time when I send a text message, it doesn't go through. My Nexus 5 tries for about 5 to 10 minutes, then it says, "touch to retry". Sometimes I leave it at "touch to try" and a little while later a reply comes to my text! Other times, if I resend 5 or 8 times, the other party gets the message that many times! Any solution?

It seems more likely either a reception or device issue.

But anyway, you should confirm the SMSC number first, please dial *#*#4636#*#* , and check your SMSC number , change it to +15149931123 if it is not.

Then I would like to suggest your to turn off the LTE mode, please go to Setting - More Network -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode -> choose GSM/HSPA auto instead of GSM/HSPA/LTE auto. 

Please let us know how it is going.