Texting question

Texting question

Texting question

SOLVED
5s
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Texting question

I have the iPhone 5s. Of all my contacts that I text, there is one contact who I text and then receive a text on my phone saying they read my text.
Is this a setting on the contacts phone that
generates the message to me?

Accepted Solution

Re: Texting question

Solved by Former Moderator FidoAlyson

Hey 5s,

Did you went back to your settings to check it out?

It's most likely that this specific person activated the feature on her side.

She can turn it off in her sms settings.

View solution in context
6 REPLIES 6
Cawtau
Senior MVP

Hello,

While I'm not that familiar with the settings on an iPhone, there are three general conditions that need to be met in order to receive the delivery/read texts.

First, the sender's phone will request a delivery and/or read receipt. Second, the recipient's phone will have to allow delivery and/or read receipts to be sent. And third, the recipient's network has to be able to process the receipt request. Not all networks provide the service anymore.

Since you noted you only receive them when you send pictures, the request option might be in your MMS settings.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

5s

@ Fido Alyson
Yes I check my settings, I'm not cause, she is.
I was not 100% sure she had iPhone, but now I know, because her contact info has face time.
This is my 1st Phone, I learned a lot so far, still more learning to do. Thank you everyone for your helps.
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Thanks for letting us know 5s! 

Glad to see you've learn a lot so far, don't hesitate to post your question on the community whenever you need

Cheers Smiley

5s

I believe she has an iPhone.

Message reads: "your message to (1 705 xxx-xxxx) has been read". I used x's instead of the actual phone number.

Having reviewed the texts, it only happens when a picture it attached to the text.
If it's one pic attached, I get one message.
the last text was 2 pictures and I received two of the same messages.

I can send texts with pictures attached to others, including my nieces 5s and I don't get the delivery notice.

Did I inadvertently do something wrong and set my phone to get delivery notice, from just this one contact?
FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey 5s,

Did you went back to your settings to check it out?

It's most likely that this specific person activated the feature on her side.

She can turn it off in her sms settings.

FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi 5s!

Usually this would be in your own phone settings. Do you know what type of phone the person is using? What exactly is the message you get, and does it happen with every single text to that person?

Let me know. Smiley Happy